Do You Care To be Remembered, When You Die?

I'm going to be remembered for inventing something as cool as slice bread. I mean I have absolutely o fucking idea and have no plans on actually using that side of my brain for anything productive. But hey... I have a few years before I'm dead so it'll come to me, hopefully.

I want to be remembered as the guy that was hit by a bread truck that fell out of an airplane just ten minutes after he spent the last five bucks from his 386 million dollar lottery winnnings on his way out of the whorehouse at the ripe old age of 88. Or as the inventor of the submarine screen door. Either way.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I want to be remembered as the guy that was hit by a bread truck that fell out of an airplane just ten minutes after he spent the last five bucks from his 386 million dollar lottery winnnings on his way out of the whorehouse at the ripe old age of 88. Or as the inventor of the submarine screen door. Either way.

I'll talk with AE about having that put on your tombstone. I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement.

Professur said:
Not by anyone here.

Are you commenting on:
My post - if so - I kiss you all over

On the subject of the thread - if so - tough shit, I'll remember you anyways.

Your post.

Funny enough, this place and JJR's are pretty much my legacy to the world. That's why I got so upset when I thought the JJR archives were lost.

i read that this morning and wondered why no one ever caught that. :)

i still wouldnt change much. other than to make sure me ass gets a warmer for the winter.

IDLEchild said:
Being forgotten after death is one of the scariest things I can think of.
Really? You do understand that pretty much everyone you will ever meet will be, right?

What's so scary about it?

IDLEchild said:
Being forgotten after death is one of the scariest things I can think of.

When your gone, unless you are worth a billion dollars, nobody would give a fuck about you...

chcr said:
Really? You do understand that pretty much everyone you will ever meet will be, right?

What's so scary about it?

But in my head i'm not just anyone, im me and for some reason (call it arrogance if you will) but I think i'm worth remembering. It's probably attributed to the fact that in my youth im an idealistic man with ideas bordering on wild grandeur and I feel like they can make a difference....so solely for that self percieved genius I should be more than the regular joe who'll show up in the obituary, which people skip over on their way to the gossip page.

But...im cynical and realistic enough to know that I will have to work hard, be defeated many times over or be revolutionary....but im lazy.

I want it, but am too lazy to get it...

I still want it though :(

IDLEchild said:
But in my head i'm not just anyone, im me and for some reason (call it arrogance if you will) but I think i'm worth remembering. It's probably attributed to the fact that in my youth im an idealistic man with ideas bordering on wild grandeur and I feel like they can make a difference....so solely for that self percieved genius I should be more than the regular joe who'll show up in the obituary, which people skip over on their way to the gossip page.
Which is pretty much what everbody thinks about themselves (including me).
IDLEchild said:
But...im cynical and realistic enough to know that I will have to work hard, be defeated many times over or be revolutionary....but im lazy.

I want it, but am too lazy to get it...

I still want it though :(

Cynicism and realism are two different things.

I'm cynically realistic. And I think I'll be remembered if I do something important, when I was younger I felt I was going to do that, but now I think that as much one or two generations outside my family will remember me (and I'm not even sure I'll get that far).

chcr said:
Cynicism and realism are two different things.

Really?

I find it to be a horse and carriage relationship.

I'd say knowledge is the best and worst gift I was ever given.

Back