• A little bit, most ends up in the trash though

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Hardly anything

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
not nearly as much as I should. Sometimes I fall into the 'easier to not' when I'm in a hurry or exhausted.

but soon, the town'll be providing wet/dry composting disposal, so that'll rock.

flavio

Banned
We have weekly pickup for glass, metal, plastic, paper, yard waste, and food scraps here. Makes it pretty convenient.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
We right now have paper and plastic, that's it. I try, it's just easier to throw the cereal box into the garbage bag beside me at times, and I don't. The town is going to be providing indoor bins for the wet/dry so that oughta be good.

*ten lashes with a wet noodle for me*

MrBishop

• Paper,plastic and metal in the green bins.
  • Food (except for meat), plus grass clippings in a compost box behind my house.
  • Jokes on here and PiL :)

greenfreak

All non-food items. Paper, plastic, glass, metal. I even recycle the boxes from work. I bring home empty cardboard boxes and use them to put my recyclables in. I get pickup once a week too.

I'm looking forward to composting in years to come; eggshells, coffee grinds, banana peels, etc.

HeXp£Øi±

Don't have any recycling options on my island whatsoever. Everything gets shipped to the lower 48 so they can stay dirty and we can stay clean.

flavio

Banned
America's Top 10 Green Cities

Austin, TX
Boulder, CO
Chicago, IL
Honolulu, HI
Madison, WI
Minneapolis, MN
Oakland, CA
Portland, OR
San Francisco, CA
Seattle, WA

Details...

Dave

we recycle about 90-95% of what they will take for recycle. we also return the bottles/cans that have the $0.05 deposit on them.
i wish they would recycle plasticwrap and styrofoam.
plan on starting a compost heap in the spring.

Mirlyn

Its expensive here....haven't looked into doing it, but since they took out all the public bins and stopped volunteer service, I haven't seen a single residential recycle bin here.

Uki Chick

I try to recycle most paper, glass, metal, etc. Pick up once a week for those, same day as garbage day. Fridays is green bins for composting, food scraps, leaves, wood, etc. I make sure to leave the recycling bin close to the door, so it makes it easier to throw things in there. They also give us a small composting bin for inside. So any food scraps can go directly in there.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
We have to haul our own garbage to collection sites; no curbside pickup. Hell, no curb even.

They have receptacles for various recyclables. The crusty old man what sits around the place there once told me that it really doesn't matter which bin I throw stuff in, it all goes to the same place and is not separated when it gets there. The recycle bins are there "because we're required to put 'em here."

Welcome to the sticks.

HomeLAN

Mirlyn said:
Its expensive here....haven't looked into doing it, but since they took out all the public bins and stopped volunteer service, I haven't seen a single residential recycle bin here.

Yep. When they started CHARGING to recycle around here, everyone STOPPED doing it. Funny how that works.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
We have to haul our own garbage to collection sites; no curbside pickup. Hell, no curb even.

In some of the lesser neighborhoods, there aren't even streets ;)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gonz said:
In some of the lesser neighborhoods, there aren't even streets ;)

Depends on one's definition of "lesser".

Around here, if it's a street, it's city limits. Hence, everything out here is "road". And as has been well documented, y'all can have yer damn cities as far as I care.

catocom

flavio said:
We have weekly pickup for glass, metal, plastic, paper, yard waste, and food scraps here. Makes it pretty convenient.
I'm still outside the city limits at this point, hence no pickup.
Glass gets tossed, if it's something I can use for storage purposes.
Metal, and alu cans get tossed, all heavy metals get saved.
I just gave about 2 tons to a charity (friend of mine) to turn in for gas money.
Plastic, and paper...get incinerated. (ashes go in the garden spot.)
Food scraps used to go all to the dogs, but we had to get rid of all but the little inside dog. (Shorty :D )
Bread scrap goes to the fish, and other scraps that Shorty won't eat goes in the garden compost.

I'd recycle glass and plastic all the time, if I didn't have to drive so far to turn it in.