do you recycle?

Are recycling services available to you and if so, do you?

• I have recycling services and I use them.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • I have recycling services and I don't use them.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Recycling isn't an option and I could care less.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recycling isn't an option and I wish it were.

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
PuterTutor said:
Wanna bet? I ate 3 oranges today, the kids can do better than me. Just curious though, do they even sell oranges in the Grocery stores around there?
Yep, they sell them AND they're expensive, as is orange juice.

Gee... you'd think having a whole company named after your state that produces and sells orange juice, that orange juice would actually be cheapest there. :tardbang:

woah, that's a lot of oranges for one glass, consider to irrigate the trees :eek:

it's great entertainment-busy work for drunk partygoers

vodka and orange, mama mia que cosa!! :D

I believe it's illegal *not* to recycle here.

I have two big orange containers and we seperate all our paper/plastic/glass/aluminum. We have tons and tons of recycling every week with all the Lean Cuisines we eat.

And when it comes to 'special pickup', things like couches and stuff, we never have to call and schedule or know what day to put it out. Anything we put outside for pickup doesn't last two hours, someone finds it and takes it. I even put notes on them. When I got a new office chair, I put my old one out with a note, "I've barely been used but I'm not very comfortable". It was gone within a half hour. Our old couch lasted two hours.

Oh and there's also this woman who walks around on recycle day, picking the cans for deposit out of people's bins.

greenfreak said:
I believe it's illegal *not* to recycle here.

That might be the case here as well. I'm not sure though.

greenfreak said:
Oh and there's also this woman who walks around on recycle day, picking the cans for deposit out of people's bins.

I've got those people too :D

we have collections at our door that collect tins, paper and glass. card is a grey area so at the moment we seperate light stuff from heavy packing. plasitcs is in its infancy here a bit, cardiff just got plastic banks in when we left but south glos. ain't got one.
one thing we have got that is cool is a composting bin suppleid by the council. stick it in the garden, fork up the ground beneath it and the worms will chew through the food stuffs and some light card. i reckon once we start that one up we could be down to half a carrier bag of rubbish a week.

we also pass on all our old clothes and linen to charity shops, cd's, tapes, crockery etc. my missus is a mad eco-nut and i work for an eco-nut company so i feel bad if i don't ;)

Back