Don't be to collosally stupid

Yep, I know subway here in town can do 14 or less with no sig, no pin. Mcdonalds can apparently do more than that, I don't know what the limit is, I've never signed. Now, Inky's .50 to 1.50 charge is not the case around here though, you get charged what the bill comes to, no extra for debit or credit.

I was with Master Shake in Kansas, and I flipped when he used his card at walmart, and we walked out, nothing to sign, nada.

It jsut isn't like that here.

Am I the only one who finds a thread regarding colossal stupidity
titled: “Don't be to collosally stupid”.

Too be colossally bad spelling?

PT said:
Yep, I know subway here in town can do 14 or less with no sig, no pin. Mcdonalds can apparently do more than that, I don't know what the limit is, I've never signed. Now, Inky's .50 to 1.50 charge is not the case around here though, you get charged what the bill comes to, no extra for debit or credit.
It depends on who actually owns the ATM or card reader and which bank it runs through. Grocery stores around here don't charge it but places like Taco Bell do. Several places around here have an ATM inside the building where instead of dispensing cash, it dispenses a receipt for $10, $20, etc. and you hand that to the casher and get change back as though it were a $10 or $20 bill. Those ATMs usually charge $1.50 or so.

Winky said:
Am I the only one who finds a thread regarding colossal stupidity
titled: “Don't be to collosally stupid”.

Too be colossally bad spelling?

Pay attention, Winky. We already discussed that above. Do try to keep up.

Seems kinda stupid to me that there would be a three day hold on a reversal of a transaction. If the debit for the mortgage had gone off during that time & then returned they'd probably have charged him interest for it, even though it's their bizarre system that was partly to blame.

As for the whole palarwa over the drive through debit card usage & card machines - this guy is a moron for using a card for such a small amount in the first place. He should be beaten with a carrot. Perhaps restaurants and fast food joints (hell, any retail outlet for that matter) should have a policy of not accepting debit or credit cards for purchases below a certain amount. After all it just ends up costing them money and is a complete waste of effort.

Inkara1 said:
It depends on who actually owns the ATM or card reader and which bank it runs through. Grocery stores around here don't charge it but places like Taco Bell do. Several places around here have an ATM inside the building where instead of dispensing cash, it dispenses a receipt for $10, $20, etc. and you hand that to the casher and get change back as though it were a $10 or $20 bill. Those ATMs usually charge $1.50 or so.
Now ATM's are different. The ones owned by my bank, or part of their network are free, the ones owned by other banks charge between 1.00 and 3.00 per transaction, even if it's just an inquiry. The ones at ballparks, amusement parks, etc charge up around $5 to $6 per transaction.

Gonz said:
Jesus H Christ...carry cash so we can avoid these discussions

No. If I lose my wallet with my card in it, my loss is seriously limited. If I lose it with a couple hundred in cash in it, I'm done for the whole 2 bills. In addition, why pay cash when I can get the benefit of the float - interest-free loan as long as I have enough brains and foresight to pay the thing off in full every month.

OTOH, this dipshit should have demanded a receipt. I do.

AlphaTroll said:
As for the whole palarwa over the drive through debit card usage & card machines - this guy is a moron for using a card for such a small amount in the first place.

No, he isn't. See post above. I'd rather deal with a CC swipe than some asshole writing a check for $4. I've seen my share of that shit.

HomeLAN said:
No. If I lose my wallet with my card in it, my loss is seriously limited. If I lose it with a couple hundred in cash in it, I'm done for the whole 2 bills. In addition, why pay cash when I can get the benefit of the float - interest-free loan as long as I have enough brains and foresight to pay the thing off in full every month.

OTOH, this dipshit should have demanded a receipt. I do.

I carry very little cash (usually under $20...hell, I'm married-usually under $5) but c'mon, a CC/debit/check card at a fast food joint is a little ridiculous. I'm surprised that McDs takes the hit.

Sometimes I'm on the road without a lot of cash on me and without knowing where my bank's nearest ATM is.

Gonz said:
I carry very little cash (usually under $20...hell, I'm married-usually under $5) but c'mon, a CC/debit/check card at a fast food joint is a little ridiculous. I'm surprised that McDs takes the hit.
Debit cards are about as fast as cash. People with their checkbooks are the problem IMO.

flavio said:
Debit cards are about as fast as cash. People with their checkbooks are the problem IMO.

no-where you can pay by cheque (notice the advanced Canadian spelling :p) here.

was shocked in the states people pulling out chequebooks (or in the States checkbook..makes me think of a book for tic-marks)

paul_valaru said:
no-where you can pay by cheque (notice the advanced Canadian spelling :p) here.

was shocked in the states people pulling out chequebooks (or in the States checkbook..makes me think of a book for tic-marks)

Is it the advanced Canadian spelling that made you hyphenate the nowhere? ;)

AlphaTroll said:
Is it the advanced Canadian spelling that made you hyphenate the nowhere? ;)

no..that was...yiddish

yeah yiddish, are you mocking my ethnic heritage!!!!!???!!!!!

Back