drinks, anyone?

I did too much hard drinking in my younger years so I take it easy these days. Malibu and Pineapple is my usual but last Friday I went out to happy hour with a coworker and she was drinking an Amaretto Sour. The waiter mistakenly brought one for me too later on and it was actually pretty good. Damn strong taste to it though with the sour mix, I had to really nurse it. My Malibu and Pineapple goes down much smoother and has very little alcohol content.

greenfreak said:
I did too much hard drinking in my younger years so I take it easy these days. Malibu and Pineapple is my usual but last Friday I went out to happy hour with a coworker and she was drinking an Amaretto Sour. The waiter mistakenly brought one for me too later on and it was actually pretty good. Damn strong taste to it though with the sour mix, I had to really nurse it. My Malibu and Pineapple goes down much smoother and has very little alcohol content.
My friend mixed some sours one time and it was the best. Every place I've had them at since haven't even come close to her mix. I need to get her recipie or something....

When I used to work at a coffee roaster, whenever he would make a batch of Amaretto flavored coffee, I would get these raging migraines. We had to keep a schedule after a while so he could do the Amaretto roasts after I had left for the day. I haven't had Amaretto in a long time but I don't like drinking anything that's carbonated. How about Amaretto and flat Coke? ;)

I've never really had sour mix before. Next time I go out, maybe I'll try it again. I love the sweet stuff though.

Definitely a Marghartia on the rocks, no salt! If I don't feel like worrying about that, then it'll be a nice Captain's and Coke.

As for beer, Bass or Newcastle.

mmmmm now I want another mudslide, that was SO GOOD this weekend!

*makes a note to buy the stuff to make mudslides at her birthday in a month*

Greenie: I assume amaretto and flat coke would taste like flat cherry coke since amaretto and coke tastes like cherry coke :D :shrug:

Mmmmm cherrrry coooooke. :licklips:

Friday's used to make a really good Sex on the Beach too. They're the only ones I knew that used Chambord in it.

Back