:drool:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1537695,00.asp

0,1311,sz=1&i=60085,00.jpg

Sorry, if that supposed to be new? They've been around for ages. And they don't look half as good when they're full of dustbunnies.

Ok, but then I'd have to BUY office, wouldn't I? :D

that case up above is only 150. Actually, I'm thinking about getting a 4 x 8 sheet of plexi and going to town this summer now. I've got all the toos to do it, I'll keep you all posted.

PuterTutor said:

that case up above is only 150. Actually, I'm thinking about getting a 4 x 8 sheet of plexi and going to town this summer now. I've got all the toos to do it, I'll keep you all posted.

I'd considered going 'air-only' - I can't find the link to it, but I saw someone who had turned their compi into modern (working) art, by arranging the lot along a single pole. Imagine...a 2' metal pole standing on a base...all parts of the motherboard, HD etc..attached to the pole (And each other) but wide open. It'd get dusty quickly...but then again...so do teh insides of most PC cases.

PuterTutor said:

Got a digital camera? Pics are now mandatory.

Oh yeah, I'll take pics through the whole process, probably going to be a month or two before I get started, plexi is really brittle when it's cold.

PuterTutor said:
Oh yeah, I'll take pics through the whole process, probably going to be a month or two before I get started, plexi is really brittle when it's cold.
Indeed. I've always wanted to make a plexiglass case. I built the watercooling system for it (hand-drilled block and all), but have yet to finish the case.

I've an old Pop Mech with plans for a plexi bender. I'll look it out and scan it for ya. Just remember that plexi and acrylic aren't the same thing, and they do not like the same treatment.

About the only thing I'm worried about is the ground. Doesn't the motherboard usually ground out to the case, along with other things in there? I guess I could just run a piece of wire from component to component, but do I have to?

Nope the Mobo and case should never come into direct contact ,thats what the wires from the PS to the Mobo do.If the Mobo grounds out to the case because you left off one of the standoffs you've got problems.

Hmmm... Ok, I guess I thought it was grounded out there. The plugs I have now look like brass, doesn't brass conduct electricity?

The brass doesn't contact anything on the mobo that has a circuit,usually a metallic ring inset into the PCB,it doesn't create a circuit.If you didn't use the standoffs ,brass or other material ,the circuitry of the Mobo can touch the metal case.

Um, sorry to contradict, but Yes, the case does ground the board. Through the spine. That raised bit where all your ports are. And all the drives. Yes, the black power supply wires are ground (actually neutral) but the case is the ground in case of shorts (electrical shorts, asshole)

Professur said:
Um, sorry to contradict, but Yes, the case does ground the board. Through the spine. That raised bit where all your ports are. And all the drives. Yes, the black power supply wires are ground (actually neutral) but the case is the ground in case of shorts (electrical shorts, asshole)
That's what I was thinking, so what do you suggest, Prof? Should I run a wire between each of the components through one of the mounting screws?

That would do it. Something a little heftier than Cat5, tho. 16awg daisychained to one screw per device should cover you. You can easily hide it by running it with the powerline.

IDLEchild said:
Its so sexy.....can't imagine it in any other color than blue...perhaps crimson red maybe.

You could always toss in a light at the bottom with a rotating coloured filter, so the light emitted (and thus the case), would be blue for a minute, then red, then green and then yellow...or however number of colours that you decide to place in your rotating filter. :)

Back