Drugs???

Spot, I can tell you exactly why it's illegal. Unlike tabacco, pot is a narcotic. It frags with your preception. And unlike alcohol, there's no easy sobriety test for cops to use. Therefore, if it ws fully legalized, you'd have roads full of hemped up potheads, and cops powerless.

That and that's it's a better, stronger fibre than cotton, and the cotton barons wanted to get it off the market.

Re : Druggs???

I must be the only degenerate here but i hope this convinces you kids to not do drugs, they mess with your head, mines a complete mess as you can probably tell,
ok here we go.........my list and the amount i have used each

1. pot - alot, a shitload actually, over ten years use now
2. LSD - alot, twice a week for about a year and then just occassionally for about 5 years
3. speed - minor use, not as good as acid
4. coccaine - small amount, it's just too expensive here
5. heroin - minor use, it sometimes made me sick and it makes you look ugly, nothing worse than having a conversation with someone on the nod
6. magic mushrooms - hehehe, i nearly forgot, alot of use here, especially whilst at highschool, yes i mean during school hours, they're free!!!!!!!
7. lots of prescription drugs - anti depressants, painkillers, valium, sleeping pills etc etc
8. there's probably others but i don't remember

and now i'm a mess, with a twisted mind but hey, it made me who i am

You're not the only degenerate, dragonstar...

I did a lot of drugs in high school, and pretty much stopped once I went to college. By then it was old news, been there, done that, blah blah blah. Now it's just alcohol (mostly wine), and occasionally pot. And I agree with Spot, today's pot is WAY stronger. But then it's also WAY more expensive...

My list from the past includes pot, hash, opium, cocaine, assorted uppers and downers (too many to list), and acid. My last trip was high school graduation -- it seemed fitting 'closure' to four years spent in the ether.

I don't recommend the lifestyle to anyone. I was lucky, somehow managed to stay stoned while on the honor roll for 4 years at a very selective school. :shrug:

Professur said:
pot is a narcotic..

actually, its a mild psychotropic. along the same lines as peyote.
morphine, heroin and oxycontin are narcotics (among others) .

there is no easy sobriety test for any type of drugs except for a piss tests. even that has limitations such as it is only a +/- test. different drugs get out of your system at different rates. coke will be gone in about a day or so whereas pot takes up to a month to clear out completely.

i'm willing to bet there are already a whole bunch of hemped up potheads already out there on the road as i type....

i heard about this survey that said one in every four americans smokes pot, but then you know what they say about surveys....

yes sir, i am conducting a brief survey on the water tight integrity of an amphibians rear end. would you spare a brief moment of your time?

Gonz said:
Drugs are for the weak minded.
NO coffee, NO alcohol, NO aspirin....
Drugs can be described in one word: stupid.
Please see above.
there's no easy sobriety test for cops to use.
Yet a prospective employer can have you pee in a cup and tell if you've used it and specifically how recently.

Note thet I do not smoke marijuana because an occasional buzz is not worth losing a job. I do think it unconscionable that alcohol is legal while marijuana is not. I think it's even worse that doctors can't prescribe heroin (exponentially better painkiller than morphine) to terminally ill patients. Drugs haven't been legalized because smuggling is more profitable than taxation.

chcr said:

No to all the above (well, maybe 3 or 4 aspirins a year) :p

ok fine, point taken....Illegal drugs are for the weak-minded.

chcr said:
Yet a prospective employer can have you pee in a cup and tell if you've used it and specifically how recently..

only that you have used. like i said in the previous post, pot can take up to a month to be entirely out of your system. coke and heroin is a day or two, some others can take a week or so. depends on the drug.

chcr said:
I think it's even worse that doctors can't prescribe heroin (exponentially better painkiller than morphine) to terminally ill patients.

morphine is opiate based. as is hydromophone(dilaudid), oxycontin and a few others. opiates work so well as pain killers because they are very close chemical cousins to endorphins, the bodys natural pain killer. in my experience these drugs work quite well for terminal patients.
my one caveat is that my exposure to cancer patients has been minimal. i've only delt with the "common" cancers. lung, liver,pancrease and prostate.

I've only tried alcohol... XTC might be interesting, though. But only as a pary drug, oc.

Kawaii said:
I've only tried alcohol... XTC might be interesting, though. But only as a pary drug, oc.
dude, ectasy (or however they are spelling it these days) is really not good for you, now i don't know if it's the drug itself or maybe something that it gets cut with, but one of them is potentially lethal and according to some schmuck on oprah - puts holes in your brain. now that maybe propaganda but there are an awful lot of people ODing. i wouldn't touch it, meself.

tonks said:
dude, ectasy (or however they are spelling it these days) is really not good for you, now i don't know if it's the drug itself or maybe something that it gets cut with, but one of them is potentially lethal and according to some schmuck on oprah - puts holes in your brain. now that maybe propaganda but there are an awful lot of people ODing. i wouldn't touch it, meself.
Well, i'm just an uninformed 16-year old.... I'll follow your advice and stick with pot, if anything.

Kawaii said:
Well, i'm just an uninformed 16-year old.... I'll follow your advice and stick with pot, if anything.
whoawhoawhoa...i'm not advocating marijuana usage...not until college. no, now thats hypocritical, i never went to college...look, i know you're gonna do whatever you want and people can't stop you from experimenting, but be smart and safe and for god sakes, remember that there are much more important things in life.

tonks said:
whoawhoawhoa...i'm not advocating marijuana usage...not until college. no, now thats hypocritical, i never went to college...look, i know you're gonna do whatever you want and people can't stop you from experimenting, but be smart and safe and for god sakes, remember that there are much more important things in life.
Yes, yes, i know that there are much more important stuff in life... I'm talking about what i'd like to try, not use on a regular basis. So you don't have to feel bad about creating a pot addict. :winkkiss: Thanks for caring, though. :)

tonks said:
i'm not advocating marijuana usage...not until college.

:rofl2:

It's illegal in college too.

Change the laws. Make everything legal. 2 years of hell & the herd gets thinned & we have decades of proof if its uselessness.

chcr said:

Please see above.

Yet a prospective employer can have you pee in a cup and tell if you've used it and specifically how recently.

Note thet I do not smoke marijuana because an occasional buzz is not worth losing a job. I do think it unconscionable that alcohol is legal while marijuana is not. I think it's even worse that doctors can't prescribe heroin (exponentially better painkiller than morphine) to terminally ill patients. Drugs haven't been legalized because smuggling is more profitable than taxation.
By "drugs" I am referring to drugs illegal in the US and nicotine. Anyone who starts doing any of that shit has some serious issues IMO.

Back