dumb dog

kuulani

There's a dumb dog named Phoebe.

She steals our footwear - we whack her.

She pushes over trash cans and spreads rubbish everwhere - we beat her.

She jumps up and puts her paws on my stomach - I kick her.

And through all of this, she thinks we're playing and does it again. Aaaagh. Dumb dog.

hardtellin

She jumps up and puts her paws on my stomach - I kick her.

And through all of this, she thinks we're playing and does it again. Aaaagh. Dumb dog.

:mad: ...People like you need your head examined,Why even own a dog????

I suggest you give him away,It sounds like you have no respect for your animals!

ris

try pet psychology, i'm certain that there are plenty of books out there on it.

please don't hit your dog, it's no way to treat a pet, even one that is annoying. learn to use treats and non-violent or damaging 'punishments'

kuulani

Originally posted by hardtellin
:mad: ...People like you need your head examined,Why even own a dog????

I suggest you give him away,It sounds like you have no respect for your animals!

You want her? You can have her. It's not my dog. It's the neighbor's dog :grumpy:

nalani

*examines ku'u's head and promptly writes out a treatment plan*

you must drink at least 3 beers per day .. oh .. errm .. well .. seeing as how I'm your friend and would-be nurse, I will do your therapy for you :)

*writes out fee slip*

greenfreak

I don't understand why most people's reactions to a dog doing something wrong is to hit it. Good thing that dogs don't react like a human would if they were hit-there would be alot of dog attacks out there. Sad thing too, this dog would rather be hit and get attention than nothing at all.

Jumping on your stomach is a serious thing though, Ku'u, in your condition. Isn't there some kind of law or legislation that this dog should be leashed? If your neighbor isn't going to keep the dog in check, maybe you should find out if they can make him/her keep the dog in a fenced yard or on a long leash. Or maybe they should take the dog away because apparently no one wants her around?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Next time, don't kick the dog. Kick the neighbor. Every time the dog does something wrong, hit the neighbor. Eventually, the neighbor will come around to the proper way to control his/her pet... ;)

*writes fee slip for ku'u, and sends bill to nan for correct diagnosis...*

kuulani

Seriously, I don't see anything wrong with hitting a dog. It's a dog. I'm not talking about beating the dog senseless. One whack, that's it.

-Ranchers brand cattle, that's worse than hitting a dog.

-Scientists test lab animals, that's worse than hitting a dog.

-Poachers kill endangered species, that's worse than hitting a dog.

-Humans raise livestock in a tiny cages so they don't develop muscles, that's worse than hitting a dog.

-Zookeepers keep animals in zoos, that's worse than hitting a dog.

-Developers destroy native habitats, thus killing off native animals, that's worse than hitting a dog.

-Airport personnel shoot down birds on runways, that's worse than hitting a dog.

It's all a matter of opinion, I guess.

Gato_Solo

Uhh...speaking as someone who spends quite a bit of time at airports, I've never seen anyone shooting birds. I've seen them netted and released a good distance away, but shot? You have to remember...MOST airports have their fuel-storage underground, and the last place you want sparks and hot lead is over a vat containing over 50,000 gallons of JP-8... ;)

nalani

Originally posted by Gato_Solo
Next time, don't kick the dog. Kick the neighbor. Every time the dog does something wrong, hit the neighbor. Eventually, the neighbor will come around to the proper way to control his/her pet... ;)

*writes fee slip for ku'u, and sends bill to nan for correct diagnosis...*

the person who owns the dog is the daughter of the woman who lets us live on the property for next to nothing ... she's my mother's sister and I ain't about to hit her :D

*gets all the fee slips together and sends them to Gato and adds a note that he now owes me a case of Guiness so I can drink away the very thought of hitting my aunty*

:D

nalani

I forgot to mention something ... it's not like this dog is beaten every day .. and it's not like she was abused since birth ... I've been around a lot of animals - hell, I'm from the country ... and I have to say that this is the most stoopid animal I've ever seen ... and she does get only one hit ... usually it's a shove ...

Gato_Solo

Guinness? That stuff tastes like carbonated coffee...How about a Kutcher Alt instead?

nalani

Guinness? That stuff tastes like carbonated coffee...How about a Kutcher Alt instead?

Hmm... ok .. if you insist .. a case of each ;)

kuulani

Uhh...speaking as someone who spends quite a bit of time at airports, I've never seen anyone shooting birds. I've seen them netted and released a good distance away, but shot? You have to remember...MOST airports have their fuel-storage underground, and the last place you want sparks and hot lead is over a vat containing over 50,000 gallons of JP-8... ;)

What are other definitions of "shoot down birds"? A friend of mine told me his job at the airport is to hang around and "shoot down birds." Maybe I took it too literally.

Gato_Solo

Perhaps he uses an air-rifle? Doesn't seem all that effective to me, but, as long as it scares away the birds so they don't become a hazard...

BTW. I HAVE seen a birds get sucked into a jet engine. Some egrets decided to fly up while a C-5 was taking off. To make a long story short...One damaged landing light on the nose gear, one dent in the radome, and 4 bird-burgers out the back of engine number 2...which, of course, cracked a couple of the fan blades. I spent another 10 days at that airfield because of a few stupid birds...