E-bay strategies

Bidding strategy? I wait till about 1 minute from the end of the auction then put in a bid and hope it's too ludicrous an amount for anyone else to pay. Dunno if I'd call it a strategy though... :)

Yeah, that's about what I got out of it too.

Did ya note the shipping charge? On top of the asking price?

Freddie Mercury's Rolls Royce Silver Shadow is being offered for auction by his family and represents an overwhelmingly rare opportunity for you to acquire an item of truly personal significance to him.

The car's last public appearance was at the London premiere of We Will Rock You, having transported the Bulsara family to the Dominion Theatre. It has been in occasional use and has travelled less than 5,000 miles since Freddie's sister (the vendor) acquired it.

The car comes with the Kleenex Mansize Tissues box that Freddie kept in the car and is complete with the remaining (unused!!) tissues.

We regret that viewings of the car cannot be undertaken, but original documents and a letter of authenticity from Freddie's sister will be available for inspection prior to completion. These will accompany the car to its new home.

The current V5 document lists Goose Productions as the previous registered keeper. This was one of Freddies companies.

Technical Information:

Make: Rolls Royce

Model: Silver Shadow 1 6,750cc

Year: 1974

Transmission: Auto

Colour: Silver

Interior: Grey Leather with wood trim

Mileage: 62,000

MoT: June 06

Tax: Feb 06

1st Registration: 18 June 1974

Previous Keepers: 2

Features: Auto locking, Electric windows, Car phone (obsolete technology?), Radio cassette player.

The Car is in the same visual condition as it was when Freddie used it, but a modern alarm system (Cobra) has been added, and the vehicle has been converted to run on unleaded petrol.

The car is in good condition, as you would expect for a car of this age that has been looked after, but used. It has the odd small patch of rust, mainly around the wheel arches and on the rear corners of the chrome bumpers. It is in good running order, the engine bay and undersides are clean and the bodywork is polished. The interior is clean, no tears and the leather shows the patina of age.

Anyone on here sell on eBay?

I have a house-full of stuff that I'd like to trim down and it seems to beat the ol' garage-sale method.

I'm considering buying a DishNetwork upgrade receiver & looked on ebay. These people don't quite get teh whole auction thing do they?
US $88.99 Nov-25-05 02:43:49 PST

US $87.99 Nov-24-05 18:16:17 PST

US $85.05 Nov-24-05 01:03:29 PST

US $75.00 Nov-22-05 18:23:39 PST

US $35.00 Nov-20-05 14:03:50 PST

US $30.00 Nov-22-05 16:48:03 PST

US $5.01 Nov-19-05 06:51:34 PST

from 5 to 30 to 75 in 4 hits. :rolleyes:

People don't want to sit watching their bid all day, so they bid in a high maximum amount. I could bid $75, and the system will sit at .99 until someone bids against me. Unfortunately, if they do the same as I did, and put in an $80 bid, It'll shoot from .99 to $76 in one bid. Not that either of us really wanted it to go that high.

I thought you could put in incremnents of auto upbids (say, $5. more everytime someone outbids you) up to your predetermined max.

Back