extramarital sex=first-degree criminal sexual conduct

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
"Technically," he added, "any time a person engages in sexual penetration in an adulterous relationship, he or she is guilty of CSC I," the most serious sexual assault charge in Michigan's criminal code.
Hahaaaaaaaa that's awesome! :grinyes:

link

It would be nice to be able to make people adhere to thier word or suffer some real consequences.

OK..debtors prison is like welfare, except in prison, they go shopping for you as well as paying for it.

I have heard, though I'm not sure if true in all states, that you can get custody of your kids if you can prove your wife cheated on you.

Anyone know more about this?

"We encourage the Legislature to take a second look at the statutory language if they are troubled by our ruling," he wrote.
Hills declined to say whether the Attorney General's Office would press for legislative amendments to make it clear that only violent felonies involving an unwilling victim could trigger a first-degree CSC charge.
"This is so bizarre that it doesn't even merit a response," he said.
Meanwhile, Waltonen has asked the state Supreme Court for leave to appeal the Court of Appeals ruling. He still hasn't been tried on the criminal sexual conduct charge. His attorney said a CSC conviction could add dozens of years to Waltonen's current prison sentence.

What is he in jail for?

I have heard, though I'm not sure if true in all states, that you can get custody of your kids if you can prove your wife cheated on you.

Have not heard that, from what I understand adultry is not illegle in most states either. From what I know about that area of the law what needs to be proved is thw spouse not able to take care of the children. Substance abuse with charges proved is a no brainer....

Anyone know more about this?

Not likely. Wonderful idea that the cheating spouse would be kicked to the curb with not naught but their clothes & for a judge to uphold that level of accountability.

I don't believe that would matter here. California is a "no-fault" divorce state... the two possible reasons here are "irreconcilable differences" and "incurable insanity."

What about spousal abuse?

File that under "irreconcilable differences." Hell, even if the spouse is incurably insane, file it under "irreconcilable differences." That way, you don't have to get a shrink to come testify to the court that the dude really is incurably insane.

In other words, legally you don't really need a reason to get divorced in California.

Back