Fear of commitment?

Winky

fuckyally is undefined. Try these:

* Words near fuckyally
* Make your own definition

Urban Dictionary is not appropriate for all audiences.

tank girl

Well this is beyond me, all I am trying to do is understand this pathological fear anything driven by a penis has towards a relatively straightfoward (not to mention largely beneficial for both involved) concept.

I didn't refer to any personal situation, I just don't understand this masculine inability to comprehend the fact that when you're in a commited (As in not fucking around with other people) relationship with one person you get 100x the QUALITY of respect, attention intimacy, sex, and other benefits than you ever would in something based around casual sex.

I guess thats also because most females need that emotional stability and trust to give themselves completely and feel 100% okay about a relationship, especially when it comes to sex. But I guess that also is another pathological mystery still to be explained, and I'm not sure I could even understand that myself. But I know that is the case, from experience - and theres no point in trying to lie to oneself and pretend to be as 'tough' as a emotionally retarded male when most of the time the most favourable situation when you're sleeping with someone is to NOT be seeing anybody else, to show an interest in that person and a respect for their happiness whatever the cost to your proud sense of 'singlenes' and 'freedom' or whatever...

I know I'd sure as hell prefer company than have to tolerate being constantly hit on every time I go out, or otherwise having to endure kissing loads of toads waiting for the day a fairytale prince to be found- so to speak.

But I guess, when you're as dried up as you two it doesn't really make much difference, huh ? :p

tonksy

maybe it's because commitment means placing your life in the hands of another and after having their ass smack the pavement a few too many times they are becoming to expect it.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
tank girl said:
I just don't understand this masculine inability to comprehend the fact that when you're in a commited (As in not fucking around with other people) relationship with one person you get 100x the QUALITY of respect, attention intimacy, sex, and other benefits than you ever would in something based around casual sex.
It's not just men, but we'll go with that for now.

Men comprehend it just fine. When they meet a potential "the one", they will. Otherwise, they don't want the rest of the crap. Period Polka Dot.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
tank girl said:
Isn't it the ultimate demonstration of respect, integrity and responsibility?

There is your answer, righ there. Guys, especially around your age, are just looking to get lucky & drunk.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Fear of Commitment? No, we're saving our limited suplly for the right one.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
The right one has NO FEAR of commitment.

But, see, I can tell by TG and IC's posts that you are both very young, still.
This statement:
1) A lot of women have this nagging need to change anyone in their lives (you know this is true women)...especially boyfriends.
That's only for young women. The 20's chick who doesn't know who they are yet, so they try to change those around them. Classic.

Also - when will the vast majority realize that Men and Woman are just different? Understand the differences, understand the actions.

chcr

Too cute for words
I guess then that only guys ever question the need or try to avoid "commitment?"

Interesting...

BeardofPants

Spirit said:
This statement: That's only for young women. The 20's chick who doesn't know who they are yet, so they try to change those around them. Classic.

As long as you realise that that in itself is a bit of a generalisation; not all young women try to "change their men", and not all older women refrain from tryin'. I've been with the BF 11+ years now, we got together when we were teens - I can assure you that I don't try to change him, I like him just the way he is. :)

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
hmmm, i've never had a problem with commitment. I am penis driven. When I decided the the girl was worthy of my total and undivided attention and i knew she felt the same way. I was and am 100% but i guess thats the difference. you both have to be ready for the commitment. If its one sided its just a erm fling, ships that pass in the night, a fuck buddy.
In order to get a true commitment you gotta be looking for the right person, not the one you want to force to be it. Love and life doesnt work that way, to bad really at times.
BOP i love you. what an attitude. And thats the one that counts you gotta love them for who they are, not who you want them to be or make them be.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
BeardofPants said:
As long as you realise that that in itself is a bit of a generalisation;

..as is this statement *Fear of Commitment* as pertaining to men only. I think the better part of this thread is a generalisation.

Gonz - I'll show you mine!! :D