finally.....I'm drinking guinness beer

BeardofPants said:
Yeah, it wasn't as evil tasting as I remember it being. Mebbe it's weaker in the bottle or something, but the one I had on tap was really syrupy and herby tasting.

"herby"?? That doesn't sound anything like Guiness... hmm possible bartender error?? I think Guiness has more of a burnt chocalte taste to it. It is definitely very thick though...

BeardofPants said:
Yeah, it wasn't as evil tasting as I remember it being. Mebbe it's weaker in the bottle or something, but the one I had on tap was really syrupy and herby tasting.

Deffo sounds like yer had a duff pint there BoP :sick3:

*sets out to "edumacate" the barman....Guinness is to be treat with kindness and care prior to serving

woodman19_99 said:
I'm a big fan of the black and tan. One pint of Guiness is so heavy, it's like a meal in a glass. I have 1 or 2 of them, and I feel to full to drink anymore. I find the best B&T is Bass and Guiness. I'm a big fan of Bass...

:toast:

Went to the store today and bought a 4 pints of Beamish Irish Stout draft (widget-equipped cans), a six pack of Bass Ale, and a six pack of Negra Modelo. :cool:

This will be the scene in the Bilge tomorrow, except we'll be hoisting giant frosty mugs:

Sharky said:
:toast:

Went to the store today and bought a 4 pints of Beamish Irish Stout draft (widget-equipped cans), a six pack of Bass Ale, and a six pack of Negra Modelo. :cool:

This will be the scene in the Bilge tomorrow, except we'll be hoisting giant frosty mugs:

Sounds like quite a [potential] hangover yer got there Sharky :D

Beamish is a quality stout as well....a bit milder tasting than Guinness, so that might suit ya better Tonks and BoP (Murphy's is even milder....that's worth trying as well) :)

Oz said:
Like jenky said...tis an aquired taste. I know a few folks who like to put an inch of lemonade in the top, to take the "thickness" outa it :swing:

I've had Guiness in bottles, and on tap. I used to call it 'carbonated espresso'.

Oz said:
Like jenky said...tis an aquired taste. I know a few folks who like to put an inch of lemonade in the top, to take the "thickness" outa it :swing:

my sis's bf, who's from munich, tells me 50/50 beer with lemonade is a very common drink at pubs over there... sounds a bit funky... but germans do know their beer

Used to do Steamrollers with a really good homebrew stout. Take a mug of stout, drop a shotglass of Kahlua in it, then down it. Pretty good stuff.

brownjenkins said:
my sis's bf, who's from munich, tells me 50/50 beer with lemonade is a very common drink at pubs over there... sounds a bit funky... but germans do know their beer

That's a shandy. For some reason, it just doesn't work as well with canadian lemonade. It's a drink usually for kids on special occasions.

Professur said:
That's a shandy. For some reason, it just doesn't work as well with canadian lemonade. It's a drink usually for kids on special occasions.

Yup, small glass of shandy for the kids :D ....nice and refreshin' on a hot day as well if ya want to keep a clear head (still not safe to drive on tho') :)

Oz said:

Beamish is a quality stout as well....a bit milder tasting than Guinness, so that might suit ya better Tonks and BoP (Murphy's is even milder....that's worth trying as well) :)
i just tried murphy's stout on friday, very tasty. :)

Oz said:

No hangovers for me, I know how to prevent them. ;)

Some friends and neighbors came by after we finished working in the peanut fields Sunday afternoon, and we had a little pre-harvest party.

The consensus was: the Beamish was good, but not as tasty as the Guinness Draft one of them brought. The Guinness even made better black and tans. :shrug:

The Modelos went fast, I only got one before they disappeared.

Sharky said:
No hangovers for me, I know how to prevent them. ;)

Some friends and neighbors came by after we finished working in the peanut fields Sunday afternoon, and we had a little pre-harvest party.

The consensus was: the Beamish was good, but not as tasty as the Guinness Draft one of them brought. The Guinness even made better black and tans. :shrug:

The Modelos went fast, I only got one before they disappeared.

When are you coming up here? I'll stock up on Modelos.

HomeLAN said:
When are you coming up here? I'll stock up on Modelos.

I'm shooting for the weekend of Sept. 18 - 19, but right now it's all hinging on what Hurricane Frances does. If it brings a lot of rain to Washington County this weekend, we won't be able to plow up the peanuts next week, which will delay the threshing for a week. :shrug:

As soon as I know for sure when the plowing can begin I can be more definitive. :cool:

Back