FiOS

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Gonz said:
Well shit. Comcast has updated their AUP & it now includes PC language. So, I'll be downloading at or near 1500Mbs & uploading at or about 2000 Mbs come Monday the 28th.

I'm still pissed though.
oh shit, baton down the hatches!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
what are a couple of zeroes among friends :D

tommyj27 said:

The coolest part is, this will be so fast I'll have read & responded to everybody before they are finished typing :headbang:

chcr

Too cute for words
tommyj27 said:

[Pedanticman]One cannot help but wonder what an orchestra conducting wand will do to a doorway on a ship besides break against it.[/Pedanticman] :p

Psst... batten

tommyj27

Not really Banned
chcr said:
[Pedanticman]One cannot help but wonder what an orchestra conducting wand will do to a doorway on a ship besides break against it.[/Pedanticman] :p
i think you'd be surprised...
:alienhuh:

Inkara1

This is what I think of when I hear "baton"...

baton-twirler-big.jpg

Mirlyn

There's an article on it in this quarters 2600....a few nerdy tidbits:

Reported to be using the 70.104.0.0/13 block.

All connections from CO to the residence are passive--nothing to burn out.

On-Site UPS to provide 5hrs of full operation and is monitored at the CO for faults.

Verizon technical info on FTTP/FiOS (*.ppt)
http://nefc.com/2004_Downloads/FTTP_NEFC_2004.zip

[/drool]

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
He's on his way. Soon I'll have no need to continue feeding the Comcast machine.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm so depressed. It's all in but something isn't right. They'll be back in the morning to fix it. Until then I'm stuck at
Last Result:
Download Speed: 6494 kbps (811.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1844 kbps (230.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

rrfield

What site are you using to test the speed? I know when I test mine it varies greatly from site to site.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
rrfield said:
What site are you using to test the speed? I know when I test mine it varies greatly from site to site.

Speakeasy, PC pitstop, DSLreports...it's not fast enough. I barely notice any discerable difference from Comcast.