First club experience

FluerVanderloo

Yeah, I lost my club virginity last night. I don't really see why people go EVERY week, but it wasn't as bad as a lot of my friends made it out to be. It was very crowded, and I smelled like cigarettes and alcohol when I got back, but I did get to dance with a couple of guys and we left at a decent hour.

Thought I'd share :D

I used to go clubbing for the free drinks. Not a huge fan of it either but it can be fun sometimes. Glad you had a good time.

I never did think it was worth a shit. To quote Douglas Adams, it's like a mugging. Expensive and bad for the head.

I'm so freaking old I dont' even know what the difference is between 'clubbing' and going to the bar. If there is one.

:tardbang:

Leslie said:
I'm so freaking old I dont' even know what the difference is between 'clubbing' and going to the bar. If there is one.

:tardbang:
A club is a bar that has at least one large dance floor, a DJ, and you usually have to pay a cover charge.

I didn't enjoy bars or clubs when smoking was allowed...but now that there is no smoking inside any public place I LOVE it! I often drink before I go and therefore don't spend much cash while I'm there. I love dancing and if they're playing good music it makes for a good night. Plus dancing is good exercise (probably neutralized by the calories in the booze but meh) :D

This is how I feel about DJs who don't play good dancing music (this was taken at a formal I was at last week...I am UNIMPRESSED by the music).

Leslie said:

don't much care for either one very often. i hate coming home and feeling like i need to scrub the dirty off me.

still not clean!!! :sick3:

I guess we do have those here. We just call it the bar though.

I don't like going either really. Teh booze is fun and all but the meatmarketishness just gives me dancefloor rage and makes me need a shower.

Leslie said:
I guess we do have those here. We just call it the bar though.

I don't like going either really. Teh booze is fun and all but the meatmarketishness just gives me dancefloor rage and makes me need a shower.

I like going with a group of friends...we all protect each other :)

We were in a club a while back w/some younger friends...we used to go there back before I knew Tonksy...we were there for about an hour, and I went away feeling "too old for this shit":hmm:

Slim Pickens said:
We were in a club a while back w/some younger friends...we used to go there back before I knew Tonksy...we were there for about an hour, and I went away feeling "too old for this shit":hmm:

*dances circles around Slim*

Nixy said:
I like going with a group of friends...we all protect each other :)

Oh you're one of those pack animals. They are effective hunters but with a decoy you can get the others to move off to prey on the slower members. If the guy isn't careful though the male risks the wraith of the HERD!!!

I've been to a few live rock band type clubs... even played in a few... but I have never... nor will I ever... go into one of those lamewad techo/dance/raver/dj clubs... not that they would ever let me in in the first place.

We don't hunt, we don't allow ourselves to be hunted and we don't try to get guys to buy us drinks.

We go there to have a good time and dance. Period.

So you buy your own drinks? That sounds expensive....but then you said you drink beforehand.

unclehobart said:
I've been to a few live rock band type clubs... even played in a few... but I have never... nor will I ever... go into one of those lamewad techo/dance/raver/dj clubs... not that they would ever let me in in the first place.

I don't do techno and I don't do rave.

I like to dance to your typical "club" or "dance" music. I also enjoy when they play stuff stuff with an irish feel and "Save a horse, ride a cowboy" is big in the casual bars/clubs around here and I love that too.

tonksy said:
So you buy your own drinks? That sounds expensive....but then you said you drink beforehand.

Yeah, usually only a drink or two while we're there...or we go places we know are cheap. There is a $2.75 shot bar here, we like to hit that up first, and one of the clubs has $2.50 drinks on Fridays.

Back