First club experience

Used to clubbing regularly - started when I was about 16 or 17 (those days it was a challenge to see if we could get in without being asked ID). I'm a smoker & drinker, so it never bothered me. Graduated to smoking pot & then to the party drugs etc - clubbing was just part of the scene. We'd usually start off on a Thursday night - student night at Tramps - hey free entrance and shooters at 1 buck a pop, that's A-OK in my books :D Then of course Friday nights was mandatory clubbing - Flyhouse baby.....partied until early hours of a Saturday morning and then went out for breakfast and 'shopping' for the Saturday party, which inevitably ended up being a rave (man I miss the good old days....ICE Productions at Nasrec, Mother Raves at the station - always kinda freaked me out to go underground, quite literally for those, Dreamscapes at Electric Workshop - IMO the scene kinda died when the building was finally condemned) - did see some rather brilliant DJ's like Carl Cox, Pete Tong, Armand van Helden etc etc etc......Strange thing - whenever I got home from a rave, no matter what time, my dad would be in the garden 'working'. Sunday afternoons we'd continue the jol at a place called ESP and from there go to Nexus to party until Monday mornings. Mondays we slept until about 5 in the afternoon, have some chow and fart about until it was time fro the next jol - Mondays = Student Nights at Roxy's - great place for cheap drinks & even cheaper men :D

Gawd nowadays it seems like a different life altogether, can't believe I was one of those types that knew all the bouncers by name & got into places for free, when there was a queue around the block, just because I was mates with the managers etc.

Now that I am all grown up though I must admit that I find the idea of clubbing rather off-putting, maybe because I overdid it a bit in my younger days. These days I prefer a get together at home or going to a pub.

Back