Gas Prices - how much are YOU paying?

BlurOfSerenity

are gas prices going down everywhere? the stations near me seem to be dropping a couple cents at a time.

i paid $3.97 the other night. i still have not personally bought gas with 4 as the first digit yet :) but i stay close to home usually, and we have cheap places.

catocom

3.94 at race trac today

yep down some, but I've heard no explanation yet, as oil was up even more.?(

H2O boy

Just today Ive seen it range form $383 to $392 a gallon depending on where you stop. I paid $3.85 for mine.

chcr

Too cute for words
3.94 at race trac today

yep down some, but I've heard no explanation yet, as oil was up even more.?(

Typically runs a few days behind I've noticed. Of course that makes no logical sense since the oil they buy today won't be gas for several days at least.

Inkara1

Typically runs a few days behind I've noticed. Of course that makes no logical sense since the oil they buy today won't be gas for several days at least.

Isn't the per-barrel price listed today for light, sweet crude for July delivery (AKA a month in advance)?

Prices have slid down here a bit too... now the 7 Eleven is all the way down to $4.55.

H2O boy

Another niclke jump over night too. It kind of takes the zing out of any independance day ideas we might have wouldnt' you say?

Professur

I'm close to the Ontario-Quebec border at the cottage and it's easily five cents a litre cheaper on the other side.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I'm close to the Ontario-Quebec border at the cottage and it's easily five cents a litre cheaper on the other side.

What I wanna know is why I pay about the same as people in Ontario when I live in the land of oil (and we have a slowing/stabilizing economy now too)...close to the Ont/Que border eh? A co-worker has a cottage there...wouldn't it be freaky if ya'll were neighbours or something?

Professur

It's a long border. As for your prices ... it's because they're so busy selling it off overseas to fulfill contracts instead of keeping it at home. It makes the trade deficit figures look more impressive.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It's a long border. As for your prices ... it's because they're so busy selling it off overseas to fulfill contracts instead of keeping it at home. It makes the trade deficit figures look more impressive.

Something about Kipawa or something I think...