G'bye...

Ardsgaine

Well, it was a tumultuous few weeks... I guess I should have stayed away from RW. I can't stick around anymore, though. I'm not sure what allows some of you guys to beat each other up in RW, and then come over here and be friends, but I don't have it. I'm also not sure what allows some of you to be friends over here, and then go over there and beat each other up. I feel like I've been treated like a cardboard cutout in RW. Nothing that I've ever said about myself over here counts for anything, unless it's being used to insult me, of course. :shrug:

Anyone who wants to keep in touch can PM me for an email addy.

greenfreak

You can't just stay away from the RW like we do? :(

Fucking hell, doesn't anyone get tired of hearing this from people all the time? I've never seen any effort made to curb this from happening on any forum. No offense to ris because I know how busy he is, but if there is no moderation whatsoever, it's no wonder that this happens.

Jeslek

Banned
Can you send me an email Ardsgaine? I wouldn't mind dropping in on you and when I visit Florida :). And I'm going to miss your posts.

greenfreak

greenfreak said:
You can't just stay away from the RW like we do? :(

Fucking hell, doesn't anyone get tired of hearing this from people all the time? I've never seen any effort made to curb this from happening on any forum. No offense to ris because I know how busy he is, but if there is no moderation whatsoever, it's no wonder that this happens.

Posted before I read the thread that prompted this. I'll just say that it was an eye opener and leave it at that.

HeXp£Øi±

No offense to ris because I know how busy he is
Also no offense to Ris but what's the point of a mod if they can't moderate? I've been ignoring some of these threads but many of the insults i've seen really do seem to cross the line.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
ris is very busy these days, plus Gonz has been posting lots in that forum lately.

Jeslek

Banned
HeXp£Øi± said:
Also no offense to Ris but what's the point of a mod if they can't moderate? I've been ignoring some of these threads but many of the insults i've seen really do seem to cross the line.
I agree. Many other forums have up to six mods for forums centered around politics and real world news. One mod that snows up 1 hour a week (no offense ris buddy, I know you have your hands full) isn't really enough. IMHO. Compare that with the KK which has what, 6 moderators and get a fraction of the posts?

Luis G

Staff member
Is not that so many mods are actually needed for those forums, it's just that new mods elections became a serious problem for the site and while we worked on a solution to that issue it was decided that all mods will moderate such forums.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
for ris's defense, up until the war started there had been no need for more than 1 moderator in there. abd as i said in RW It is not only up to the moderator to police there its up to you to be responsible people and follow the only guideline for that room. no personal attacks. thats why the so called censorship we orginally had was removed. so no ones freedoms were infringed on.

freako104

i dont know how well it would work but what if we nomiated and voted for people we thought could get the job done?

Luis G

Staff member
freako104 said:
i dont know how well it would work but what if we nomiated and voted for people we thought could get the job done?

just as flurf said.....that was the intention, but it didn't work.