G'bye...

Janimal

I should clarify one thing. Ards has said he's leaving, I have not. Quite honestly, I have not made my choice yet. I've never been a big visitor to RW, so the issues there have not effected me to as great an extent.

I'll be making a point to keep my nose out of the RW though.

Amazing indeed, this kind of response to Ards leaving; hardly anybody gave a shit when Shadowfax and Squiggy and Justin went AWOL for a while for basically the same reasons. :rolleyes:

Make up your minds...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Shadow & Justin didn't say much when they left & Squiggs can suck my....nm ;)

Ards, hang around...wtf, ya gonna let the left beat you :D

greenfreak

flurffmeister said:
Amazing indeed, this kind of response to Ards leaving; hardly anybody gave a shit when Shadowfax and Squiggy and Justin went AWOL for a while for basically the same reasons. :rolleyes:

Make up your minds...

First of all, you don't know that, you're making an assumption. After you hear people say time after time that they are leaving the RW forum, or taking a vacation, what do you do? I mean, what specifically do you do?

Don't turn this around on other people until you consider what's been done to *prevent* this from happening instead of commenting on it only after the fact. Let's face it, trolls and bullies are rewarded because they drum up posts. Don't be surprised when we get used to no action being taken.

HomeLAN

Gato_Solo said:
Rumor control has me leaving by the end of June...

That's damned good news.

Thank you, folks. This has kept me fairly unhappy for a day or two. Ards, I wish you'd come back and just avoid the RW forum, but I also understand your reasoning.

greenfreak said:
Don't turn this around on other people until you consider what's been done to *prevent* this from happening instead of commenting on it only after the fact
Let's see, we tried putting a damper on the personal attacks by protecting those who became offended by something posted in the RW, but then people complained about censorship, so then we said let the attacks roam free, then this happens, and now we're back to not tolerating personal attacks. It's a lose-lose situation either way we go, and if you leave the board because of a few attacks aimed in your direction, I think you're a pussy. Leave the board because of it's administration or policies, not because of a few members. At least now with the zero-tolerance of personal attacks policy, people will have a good reason to leave. As for me, the fact that the majority is allowed to freely anger, silence, attack, do whatever they please to the minority, and the minority is then bitched at for retaliating, is a plenty good enough reason for me to leave for good if I feel like it. My grammar teacher would be rolling in her grave if she were dead, regarding that last sentence, but I don't really give a fuck anymore.

greenfreak

fury, I know what it's like to feel like you've been beaten. And if you recall, I have spoken in defense of the admin and mods of this site more than a few times when they're slammed for making decisions. And if you don't remember that, there's nothing I can do about it; I'll only know in the future that it too falls on deaf ears.

But when speaking in generalities, there's no good answer or solution. If your attitude about the board and it's people makes you give up entirely on everything, you already know what I think about that. I look to you for leadership, and if this is what you want, I'll look to someone else. But who ever is running this place shouldn't turn a blind eye to what is much much more than 'a few attacks aimed in your direction'.

Let's not even get into the subject of how easily people give up and how they're 'pussies' if they do. Everyone has a different level of shit they're willing to put up with-as do you and me. Again, something we have discussed in length elsewhere recently. The people who are willing to dish out the shit are always the ones who survive because they are relentless.

I don't want to beat a dead horse (again). fury, I just wanted you to know where I'm coming from. I understand how you feel more than you think I do. :)

greenfreak

HomeLAN said:
Gato_Solo said:
Rumor control has me leaving by the end of June...

That's damned good news.

Thank you, folks. This has kept me fairly unhappy for a day or two. Ards, I wish you'd come back and just avoid the RW forum, but I also understand your reasoning.

I'm sorry Gato, I didn't see your post. That *is* great news! :hug:

Regardless of the support that you or anyone else gives me (which is greatly appreciated), none of my decisions have any substance with the people they are supposed to favor/affect. I was little more than the guy with the first member ID and access to the control panel. This war is causing everyone to say hurtful, cold-hearted things that make other people retaliate with more hurtful, cold-hearted things. It's not like I can do anything to stop it, so I've become useless.

greenfreak

In light of an unrelated post in another thread that shall remain nameless, I'd like to withdraw every complaint about the RW forum, the people who post in it and the admin and mods of this site.

I know people don't change, I really do! I don't know why I bother, and I shouldn't. I should let the shit come down and continue, and keep my mouth shut. I'll try my best not to waste my time in the future because I believe anything I say will be disregarded, good or bad.

I don't want to edit any of my posts because that's just evasive. Just disregard what I said, that shouldn't be too difficult for some of you.

[bartles&james]thank you for your support[/bartles&james] :headbng2:

flavio

Banned
I'd like to point out that personal insults have been a fairly common thing by the very moderators of the board recently. With this happening it's hardly going to steer things towards civil discussion.