Good and Evil... how do you define them?

How do you define good and evil?

• Vox populi, vox dei.

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • In the Beginning was the Word.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I am the Ubermensch!

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Good for who, and for what purpose?

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Zieg Heil!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Upon this Rock I shall build my Church.

• Evil shmeevil.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • People bad, nature good.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • That's not all, you git!

• Total voters

highwayman

What I shudder over are the seven deadly sins, we have all fallen short of Gods glory because of sin, so why define the diference??

jankerson

Professur said:
Oh, how horrid. Jankerson, didn't you know that the Ten Commandments is racist against athiests, buddist, druids, and pretty much anyone else who wants to do whatever they want. How dare you suggest that having letcherous thoughts about your neighbours ox makes someone a bad person.

All the way to the end, without even cracking up once. Damn I'm good.

Good to see you Jankerson. How are things over at 'Central?

LOL :grinyes:

Things are going really good at HWC. :)

Just trying to keep up with all of the current things that are going on in the Hardware world, that's a job in it self. LOL

jankerson

highwayman said:
What I shudder over are the seven deadly sins, we have all fallen short of Gods glory because of sin, so why define the diference??

That was really my point and my opinion in the first place, that's why I brought it up. :)

The real evil I believe are the Corporations and the Governments above all else. They will be the down fall of the Human race in the end.

highwayman

jankerson said:
The real evil I believe are the Corporations and the Governments above all else. They will be the down fall of the Human race in the end.

The evil is from the people that are greedy for power or money not the corperation or the government..It's the individual that muddies the waters...So it is the "man" that is evil not the spirit...

Professur

jankerson said:
That was really my point and my opinion in the first place, that's why I brought it up. :)

Personally, I lay all of today's evils at the feet of one thing. Not loving one's neighbour as one's self. Achive that one, and all the rest will fall into place on it's own.

jankerson

Professur said:
Personally, I lay all of today's evils at the feet of one thing. Not loving one's neighbour as one's self. Achive that one, and all the rest will fall into place on it's own.

That will never happen because people in general only think of themselves. :rolleyes:

Until that thought process changes it will not change.

People really need to look at the Seven Deadly Sins and understand what they really mean and then try and not do any of them. Think about how nice the World would really be if that happened. :D

freako104

Professur said:

I wish it would happen

jankerson

highwayman said:
The evil is from the people that are greedy for power or money not the corperation or the government..It's the individual that muddies the waters...So it is the "man" that is evil not the spirit...

That is true, Greed is a real problem.

Like they say Money is the root to all Evil. :rolleyes:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
jankerson said:

I could argue both sides of this...let's just keep it simple-Anarchism, like communism, can't, by its very nature, work.

Professur

jankerson said:
That is true, Greed is a real problem.

Like they say Money is the root to all Evil. :rolleyes:

Actually, I lay it more at the feet of Envy. Most people could/would do without ... if the Johnsons next door didn't already have it.

jankerson

Professur said:
Actually, I lay it more at the feet of Envy. Most people could/would do without ... if the Johnsons next door didn't already have it.

We are back to one of my other posts, all of the 7 Deadly Sins work together.

jankerson

Gonz said:
I could argue both sides of this...let's just keep it simple-Anarchism, like communism, can't, by its very nature, work.

I could too, but then I look at right and wrong and the morality issues and the Governments and Corporations lose every time.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Governments & Corporations are not living entities. It's not their concern to be, or not to be, moral. Gov't should not instill morals - but they should keep civility intact & corporations are easily kept on a string - consumerism keeps them afloat.

No matter how you look at it, people are the deciding factor & as long as there are people, there'll be problems (and solutions).

jankerson

Gonz said:
Governments & Corporations are not living entities. It's not their concern to be, or not to be, moral. Gov't should not instill morals - but they should keep civility intact & corporations are easily kept on a string - consumerism keeps them afloat.

No matter how you look at it, people are the deciding factor & as long as there are people, there'll be problems (and solutions).

Yeah that was really my point when I was talking about Corporations and Governments, it's the people that are the problem.

Vox populi, vox dei.

Either God is everything or he is nothing. in my opinion our real purpose is to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. The various religions of the world all claim to be right and all others wrong but that's a bunch of horse shit! The all share the basic beliefs and one can find God, or evil in any religion.

*poke2*

Evil is selfish pursuit and desire for control or power and self serving at the expense of others. The seven deadly sins are very real, but they arise from our personal selfishness and desire to play God. I believe very few people are truly completely evil. Many do much evil, but are not wholly evil inside their hearts.

:flame:

Some say Mahatma Gandhi said to his killer as he died, "I love you". I don't know if there is any truth to it or not, but if there is, that is a man who truly knew the love of God.

Interesting thread I found at that "related threads" thing.

That's how I see it.

Have you never looked at the very bottom of the page where it says "similar threads"?

You can find some gems, and some stinkers! The way it figures out similarities is beyond me though!