Goodbye Sovereignty, old friend

And at the time, Canada was part of the United Kingdom. Still is a commonwealth, I believe. You may now recommence with your ranting about just and unjust wars because there are no such things.

bite me. my girlfriend's father was in the canadian navy in WW2. you try telling him they didn't do anything as canada and, even as a little old guy in his late 80s, he'll put your head through a wall.

"Canada declared war on Germany independently during World War II under Liberal Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King, three days after Britain. The first Canadian Army units arrived in Britain in December 1939.[18] Canadian troops played important roles in the Battle of the Atlantic, the failed 1942 Dieppe Raid in France, the Allied invasion of Italy, the D-Day landings, the Battle of Normandy and the Battle of the Scheldt in 1944. The Canadian economy boomed as industry manufactured military materiel for Canada, Britain, China and the Soviet Union. Despite another Conscription Crisis in Quebec, Canada finished the war with one of the largest armed forces in the world.[18]"

as quoted in wikipedia, original in a b Stacey, C.P. (1948). History of the Canadian Army in the Second World War. Queen's Printer.

Back