Got me a new TV! Woo hoo!

POStech

Went to Best Buy last night they had a special on a Toshiba 42" Plasma with a DVD home speaker system for $1500CND. The DVD system is cheap generic brand, but hey when it's free I'll take it.

TV

DVD system

MrBishop

Nice! Now get yourself a tape-measure, a coupla tylenol Xtra strength and a calculator...and start measuring the room where it'll all go.

Second step: Some 45deg brackets, a drill and some screws so nobody dares move your couch from it's 'optimal' location!

:beardbng:

POStech

As much as I would love to hang the TV it will be going on a stand. Our condo has old nasty plaster walls. I have a hard enough time hanging fucking shelves never mind a 80lb TV. Plus I'll still need a stand to house all the other devices (DVD player, PS2, cable box).

Now the hard part. Trying to find a mahogany TV stand that my wife will like.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
As much as I would love to hang the TV it will be going on a stand. Our condo has old nasty plaster walls. I have a hard enough time hanging fucking shelves never mind a 80lb TV. Plus I'll still need a stand to house all the other devices (DVD player, PS2, cable box).

Now the hard part. Trying to find a mahogany TV stand that my wife will like.

Screw the wife, and get any stand you like...providing, of course, that you screw her well enough. :brow:

POStech

You guys would fit right in at my work. Every subject gets turned into a sexual comment.

guy 1 "can you pass me that cardboard box"
guy 2 "do you know what I use cardboard for?"
guy 1 "no, what?"
guy 2 "I'll put it in front of my balls that way when I'm fuckin' you up the ass my balls don't slap against yours"