Guerilla Gayfare

yeah but he doesn't like homosexuals, so that make this different.

Once again, wrong. I've got nothing against Gays. I've worked with them. I've hired them. When I don't like someone, it's based on the individual. My only problems with Gays as a group is their actions as a group.

Once again, wrong. I've got nothing against Gays. I've worked with them. I've hired them. When I don't like someone, it's based on the individual. My only problems with Gays as a group is their actions as a group.

fair enough, because that is how I feel about religious institutions.

I meant what I said... it's not coming from people who like (or love) homosexuals and/or homosexuality...as opposed to homophobes (for lack of a better term), who dislike (or hate) homosexuals.

-phobia, fear of. It has nothing to do with like or dislike. Which is why I gate that term. It's incorrect.

-phobia, fear of. It has nothing to do with like or dislike. Which is why I gate that term. It's incorrect.

Which is why I said (for lack of a better term)

There's mania and philia for love and like, but no decent suffix for hate/dislike that can be applied - hence the default to homoPHOBIA. I suppose that you could tack on a prefix instead but then it starts getting awkward.

some of my best friends are...

but no decent suffix for hate/dislike that can be applied - hence the default to homoPHOBIA.

Which is why it's an inaccurate statement. Let's focus on the issue. There are so many great reasons to dislike someone, why bother with false -phobias.

Which is why it's an inaccurate statement. Let's focus on the issue. There are so many great reasons to dislike someone, why bother with false -phobias.

By all means. Homosexuality is frowned upon by a great deal of the population. Some people don't want to see it, some don't want it to exist and some will go through a lot of trouble to bring that about. A lot of that is based on misunderstanding of what it means to be gay. The only way to change misconceptions about an issue is to discuss it and to bring it out in the open.

The Guerilla Gayfare, and the parade, and other such events is all about exposing people to what they do not normally get exposed to..so that they can experience it first hand and dismiss a lot of the boogie-men they have about homosexuals.

At the same time, these events try to counter the discrimination that homosexuals face regularly, whether that be about what kind of jobs they can hold, which restaurants they can be served in and how they are treated by the average Joe on the street.

The best way to do so is by dragging it out into the light and showing it for what it is.

This group isn't suing the bar, they aren't picketing the bar, they aren't burning the bar down to the ground... they're patronizing the bar.

Actually, Bish, in a lot of communities ... what they're doing is called "holding a political rally without a permit". Fines are generally quite steep, particularly if alcohol is involved.

At the same time, these events try to counter the discrimination that homosexuals face regularly, whether that be about what kind of jobs they can hold, which restaurants they can be served in and how they are treated by the average Joe on the street.

I hate private property rights, don't you?

Sucks that those don't apply in all those case, innit?

Damn that "All men are created equal" bullshit!

I've always maintained that that would be the root of the American downfall: according your enemies the same rights as your allies. May as well hand them the keys to the kingdom, because you can be damn sure they're not going to follow the same rules you force yourself to be limited by.

Back