Haircut :(

..ahh... but they can arbitrarily lock threads and get that little rush of satisfaction from quashing threads that they have the slightest disagreement with. They seek to be offended and annoyed. Personal discretion isnt enough. The KK isnt enough. Discuss? Convince? Fuck that.. Lets throw in my 2 cents and then quickly lock it down.

whatever you say unc, whatever you say. complete :bs: but heh, you know that as well.

and scanty, yeah, i care, you were absolutely right. it kept me awake all night. good to know you know what i think....

Just remember the old axiom.. no matter what descision is.. it is wrong. It may make some from column A happy.. but will surely make those from column B unhappy.

It may seem as so elementary to you guys who quibble about it behind closed doors before you kick stuff about and lock it down ... but to us here on the outside it looks like sheer arbitary peevishness.

Im wirting this as a protest against the way the 'disappointed' thread was locked down in the KK. If admin felt that it was going nowhere it should have been said as much and then locked down. The adding of a paragraph of personal opinion against the subject matter as well as another paragraph of his version of the way he saw the summation of events was uncalled for. That made him a part of the discussion at that point. His opinions in and of themselves are also the cause for more controversy. Suddenly locking it down after inserting an opinion in the guise of a regular member is abuse. When you step into a situation you either wear your admin hat or your persona hat. You can't combine the two in the same instance. It comes off as pure 'gotcha'! *doorslam

Whoreable makes me laugh. Excessive use of the caps lock button is part of the humor. If you don't find him funny, ignore him. He's not hurting anyone. All you can do by bitching about him is make yourself look silly.

Just as a quick reply to you Ards (and everyone else discussing the caps thing). I am not stating anything about whether or not caps shoudl be allowed but I just wanted to let you know the original request to stop it was made after a derogatory word was stated by him over and over in the same post in caps. The caps made it all that much worse than it woudl have been anyway.

Thank you for your opinion. As a matter of fact, I did not insert my personal opinion in that thread before locking it. It's in there on page 5,
The registration page explicitly states content inside is not suitable for viewing by anyone, so by registering, people basically agree that they're viewing unsuitable content. :headbang:

My final post in the thread was my administrative decision. There is a difference.

Nixy said:
I just wanted to let you know the original request to stop it was made after a derogatory word was stated by him over and over in the same post in caps.

Okay. I missed that. I try not to look into every thread that gets created. :)

I still think that the caps aren't the problem, and that Whoreable is just someone who should be taken with a grain of salt. I also think this thread is about to degenerate into a discussion that should take place in the Town Hall, and I don't want to continue the debate. I've pretty much said all I have to say anyway.

For a thread sticking up for a poor defenseless child,how is calling him a 'poor defenseless child' an admin function? That the most insulting thing said about him so far... and a personal observation, not adminsitrative in nature at all.

I think this thread has gone on far long enough. admin line.

It's a bit disappointing it never got much farther than "You said this" "No I didn't" "Yes you did *quote*" "No I didn't *quote**quote*" "Don't tell me to do stuff", pure personal grandstanding with a superior attitude. Not admin at all.

but I think most everyone's got the general idea that Spirit wanted to convey. back to admin.

You inserted opinion galore into it ... you were making a speech ...and I haven't even touched the other paragraph yet.

unclehobart said:
how is calling him a 'poor defenseless child' an admin function?
Summing up the thread
unclehobart said:
pure personal grandstanding with a superior attitude. Not admin at all.
No, I was disappointed from an admin's standpoint that as long as the thread was, it made little if any progress
unclehobart said:
You inserted opinion galore into it ... you were making a speech
An admin speech, actually.
unclehobart said:
and I haven't even touched the other paragraph yet
Rather not have to make counter-points for your warped perception of that one too, but if you have to...

I agree. No sense in this thread going on for 4 more pages and then getting locked too

I need a hair cut... as in, I need one single hair on the top of my head cut. Jan was looking at it last night and said that I had one hair up there that was way longer than the rest. I told her to get a pair of scissors and cut it, but she didn't feel like it I guess... *sigh* :blank:

Well.. if your summation of the thread boils down to 'poor defenseless child' ... thats opinion. personal opinion. The admin rulebase is a disembodied doccument of rigid and interpretive guides. If a thread has gone too far as a matter of admin rule you treat it as such. You say: 'This thread has gone too far and far afield. We urge you to step away from it a few days and reflect before continuing. It is going to be locked.' When YOU make a personal series of observations, it is no longer an admin speech. The term I doesnt belong in an admin speech. You were disappointed as an individual .. not admin. The admin ruleset cannot formulate opinion ... individuals can. Its along the same lines of 'I hope you like it in the KK, motherfucker! :headbang:' ... its unprofessional. youre abusing the power in little ways under the guise of half nobility and half personal agenda.

Going into the second paragraph would be pointless if you can't see what I've been saying so far.

Back