Happy cows

Keep trying, minkey, keep trying. You're only making yourself look sillier. I'll continue to refrain from pointing out the comedy of your earlier .100 caliber comment. I'm sure everyone's already getting in trouble laughing without that to add to it.

please, tell me about 100 caliber comment! i'd love to get some laughs out of that one, and to appreciate your expertise in wound ballistics.

please, tell me about 100 caliber comment! i'd love to get some laughs out of that one, and to appreciate your expertise in wound ballistics.

You mean you still haven't figured out yet that a .100 caliber rifle is less than half the size of a .22 ..... and you're worried about recoil? Everyone else did.

Bowhunters like to follow the bloodtrail. Me, I prefer a 30/30...the walk is shorter.

Bowhunters like to follow the bloodtrail. Me, I prefer a 30/30...the walk is shorter.

Maybe, but a bowhunter starts off a helluva lot closer to begin with. Hell, you're likely to shoot further than any deer I shoot will ever run.

That's why they don't allow them here. A missed shot in Lafayette may end up in Chicago .

wow didn't know many people hunted deer with a .100 caliber rifle. buttstock must really leave a nice bruise. :drink:

yeah death is of course stressful. it's longer term stresses that impact taste that are more readily manageable. however the folks that care about this stuff the most put a single bullet directly into the brain to kill most quickly.

.100 calliber is 1/10 of an inch in diameter. A BB is .177 caliber. The only way you would get a bruise from a butstock of a .100 caliber rifle is if you bashed it over your head.

"Downed cattle are 58 times more likely to carry mad cow disease than other cattle. Downed cattle also are more likely to carry other food-borne illnesses like E. coli and Salmonella, which kill hundreds of Americans every year," the letters said.

Bullshit and bullshit -- in that order.

There has not been any mad cow diagnosis in the U.S. which I am aware of and at those odds there should have been thousands already. Consider the number of downers there are every day at processing plants accross the nation. The inability of a cow to stand is a SYMPTOM of mad cow, not the disease itself.

E. Coli and Salmonella are caused by the improper processing of the meat such as when the bowel or bladder of the animal is punctured during processing. The only reason that people get the disease from meats is because they improperly handle and cook the meats. Simple common sense and attention to detail goes a long way.

If the above statement is true then how come people are getting diseases from organic foods and vegetables? Mad vegetable disease?

.100 calliber is 1/10 of an inch in diameter. A BB is .177 caliber. The only way you would get a bruise from a butstock of a .100 caliber rifle is if you bashed it over your head.

yeah, i kinda figured that out by now, but thanks. :erm:

Bullshit and bullshit -- in that order.

There has not been any mad cow diagnosis in the U.S. which I am aware of and at those odds there should have been thousands already. Consider the number of downers there are every day at processing plants accross the nation. The inability of a cow to stand is a SYMPTOM of mad cow, not the disease itself.

E. Coli and Salmonella are caused by the improper processing of the meat such as when the bowel or bladder of the animal is punctured during processing. The only reason that people get the disease from meats is because they improperly handle and cook the meats. Simple common sense and attention to detail goes a long way.

If the above statement is true then how come people are getting diseases from organic foods and vegetables? Mad vegetable disease?

hmmmm maybe because all just about foods, if improperly handled, can make you sick? you're really not connecting here, pal.
see, e. coli comes from POO. try this - stick your finger in your butt, and swizzle it around. rub your fingers and hands all together, then massage some lettuce. use it to make a salad. see what happens.

80-some percent of chickens carry salmonella, by the way. i don't think it matters where they're from as far as that goes. but if you make a nice chicken dish with tyson's finest, and the same dish with a nice local, organic bird, and you can't taste the difference, well, you shoulda quit smoking a lot sooner, then.

hmmmm maybe because all just about foods, if improperly handled, can make you sick? you're really not connecting here, pal.
see, e. coli comes from POO. try this - stick your finger in your butt, and swizzle it around. rub your fingers and hands all together, then massage some lettuce. use it to make a salad. see what happens.

80-some percent of chickens carry salmonella, by the way. i don't think it matters where they're from as far as that goes. but if you make a nice chicken dish with tyson's finest, and the same dish with a nice local, organic bird, and you can't taste the difference, well, you shoulda quit smoking a lot sooner, then.

Did you read what I posted?

E. Coli and Salmonella are caused by the improper processing of the meat such as when the bowel or bladder of the animal is punctured during processing.

Back