Happy March 2nd

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
My Day So Far.

I woke up today to find 2 of my kids sick. So along with the kindergartener, I've got 2 fevery/whiny/grumpy kids here. Not the perfect day, but I can live with it, cause I'm MOM.

I have a bookkeeping job to do for someone today, so I know I have to get organized and keep them happy so that I can focus on what I'm doing, so I can do good work.

I get them all settled by 8:30, happily all in their own spot with their own blanket with noone's blanket or body touching anyone else's blanket or body, and decide to head downstairs and get some laundry going.

I'm heading down, and think, ohno, the dog has crapped down here *sniffsniff*, before I realize that the dog won't go into the basement at all. So I have a random poopy smell down there...ominous. I tentatively go down, gingerly walking and looking around, till I see it. The sewers have backed up...my stash of cardboard moving boxes and my pile of to be done laundry is soaked :sick:

So instead of the cuddly day on the couch with sickies, I have 3 grumpy kids who want but can't cuddle with mommy, a massive box of unsorted crumpled up pulled out from under the car seat receipts, a stinky basement/entire house, a mass of soggy cardboard to deal with, and a foul disgusting laundry pile, which of course had to be all of the kids favourite clothes, so there's no question of throwing them out...they all need to be washed, and washed, and washed...

:(

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The not quite so lovely return of spring has sprung. Backed up sewers are the best part.

*grrrrrr*

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:rofl2: if i didn't laugh I'd have to cry...

there's a hydro flusher truck outside...on the door it says City of Barrie Municipal Works...and across the top of the truck on the flusher holder thing, in huge letters, it says Keeping Barrie Clean

:retard:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
march 2nd, the new friday the 13th

sounds horrible leslie, hopefully they get things going right soon

MrBishop

:hug:

Sounds like you need more than a hug, Leslie, but I can't seem to get Purolator to same-day a bottle of Scotch your way. You can have a go at my collection if/when you come to my BBQ this summer. Hope that it goes better from now on.

ris

Leslie said:
:rofl2: if i didn't laugh I'd have to cry...

there's a hydro flusher truck outside...on the door it says City of Barrie Municipal Works...and across the top of the truck on the flusher holder thing, in huge letters, it says Keeping Barrie Clean

:retard:

you should get that power-hydro wash thing to spray the clothes :)

sorry your day is being crappy, les, i hope tomorrow is betterer

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
tanks guys :sadhug:

It's only managed to get crappier as it went on :eh:
but at least I got the job done well and made a buck :headbang:

unclehobart

I've had a raging cold, cough, sore throat, ear infection w/perforated eardrum and the inability to speak for two days... but your situation wins hands down. I feel for ya. *reaches for the 300th tissue today*

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
aw :(

today has a better outlook...my foot is throbbing from the nail I stepped on yesterday though :eh:

what a hell day.

unclehobart

...whereas I am still sick as a dog... but I regained my voice at least. I didn't think it was possible, but my nose blowing has actually increased and my ear drainage is going on 4 days. I wonder if antibiotics come by the gallon.