• Search for and rescue them

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Ignore the kidnappers

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
flavio said:
You against that human rights stuff?
I believe he said that someone's putting themselves in harm's way shouldn't oblige soldiers to save them. They knew the danger, and accepted it. Their belief in what they were doing was stong enough to override their common sense and sense of self preservation. I agree with him that it's time that the people they're trying to help start helping them back.

Professur said:
I believe he said that someone's putting themselves in harm's way shouldn't oblige soldiers to save them. They knew the danger, and accepted it. Their belief in what they were doing was stong enough to override their common sense and sense of self preservation. I agree with him that it's time that the people they're trying to help start helping them back.
I didn't see catocom say that. I was wondering why he chose to quote that part of the article.

flavio said:
I didn't see catocom say that. I was wondering why he chose to quote that part of the article.

He was questioning what I meant when I said to "ignore the kidnappers"...

Gato_Solo said:
He was questioning what I meant when I said to "ignore the kidnappers"...
That doesn't even make any sense. He quoted this....

Christian Peacemaker Teams said it has had representatives in Iraq since October 2002, working with U.S. and Iraqi detainees and training others in nonviolent intervention and human rights documentation. Kember and another person were part of a visiting delegation, while two of the group's staff based in Iraq also were taken, the statement said.

The group said it would not identify the other three people taken hostage. It stressed that it worked on behalf of Iraqi civilians.

"The team's work has focused on documenting and focusing public attention on detainee abuses, connecting citizens of Iraq to local and international human rights organizations, and accompanying Iraqi civilians as they interact with multinational military personnel and Iraq's government officials," the group said.

The group said it would not identify the other three people taken hostage. It stressed that it worked on behalf of Iraqi civilians

The U.S. Embassy has confirmed that an American is missing in Iraq — presumably one of the aid workers. A Canadian official has said two Canadians were in the group.
Guess that we know who now.

The organization said it "does not advocate the use of violent force to save our lives should we be kidnapped, held hostage, or caught in the middle of a conflict situation."
responce from the organization

Linky

I'm with Unc on this one.
It is a great excuse to go kill lots of bad guys
and if we rescue the dumbassed peaceniks in the
process it is great for the military.

Take that Hadji!

return_of_law.jpg

catocom said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,177007,00.html

Yep, I see no need to make 'special' plans here.
Fox changed the story...
now they say
Christian Peacemaker Teams said it would not identify the other three for their protection.

Something IS amiss here. :eek6:

Maybe they are spies. :shrug:

EDIT: It seems to me that when you "quote" someone, you'd better get it right.
It looks like fox messed this one. At first look it seemed that they were just uncooperative. Now I'm not sure what to make of it, as they said what Mr.B quoted there.

Oh, BTW Flav....
I hope you don't take this as a personal attack on my part.
As I've said, I have my own conspiracy theories, and I spend monumental
hours trying to debunk my own head.

I'm just trying to let you know you should really check any sources you
post, because you can bet Someone is going to. ;)

I can put up a half dozen sites tomorrow, and put what I know to be lies
on them, make them look halfway valid, and I bet you'd take um "hook, line, and sinker", if I make them fit what I "believe" you think, and if you didn't
know they were my sites. :devious:

EDIT: opps I ment to put this in the other thread..
http://otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20959

catocom said:
Oh, BTW Flav....
I hope you don't take this as a personal attack on my part. :devious:

Well I sure as Hell hope you do!

attack attack attack

there, how's that for ya?

catocom said:
I'm just trying to let you know you should really check any sources you
post, because you can bet Someone is going to. ;)
Do it, that would be cool. Find anything i posted in the other thread that's not true.

I can put up a half dozen sites tomorrow, and put what I know to be lies
on them, make them look halfway valid, and I bet you'd take um "hook, line, and sinker"
Hook line and sinker like you swallow the BushCo lies? Hardly.

if I make them fit what I "believe" you think, and if you didn't
know they were my sites. :devious:
Like World Net Daily? I know better than that.

EDIT: opps I ment to put this in the other thread..
http://otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20959[/QUOTE]

flavio said:
Do it, that would be cool. Find anything i posted in the other thread that's not true.

Hook line and sinker like you swallow the BushCo lies? Hardly.

Like World Net Daily? I know better than that.
1. I do when something catches my eye, and if it's a subject I'm passionate about,
but others here do too. ;)

2. BushCo? I don't necessarily believe "everything" he says, I've just not seen
hard hard evidence that he's lied directly. Some people have differing definitions of lying too.
If it's not true, but you don't know, and think it is, and say it is, id it a lie?
Some say yes, some say no. I say no. A mistake surly, but not a lie.

3. No, Like Moveon.org.

catocom said:
1. I do when something catches my eye, and if it's a subject I'm passionate about,
but others here do too.
Well good, so far it seems everything I posted in the thread we should be discussing this in is true.

2. BushCo? I don't necessarily believe "everything" he says, I've just not seen
hard hard evidence that he's lied directly. Some people have differing definitions of lying too.
If it's not true, but you don't know, and think it is, and say it is, id it a lie?
Some say yes, some say no. I say no. A mistake surly, but not a lie.
Justify it in whatever way you want.

3. No, Like Moveon.org.
Heh, World Net Daily is at least as biased as that site.

flavio said:
Well good, so far it seems everything I posted in the thread we should be discussing this in is true.

Justify it in whatever way you want.

Heh, World Net Daily is at least as biased as that site.
1. Ok, just don't take off those rose colored glasses whatever you do. :D

2. The way I see it, it someone could "prove" he's lied about anything major
the man would be prosecuted by someone. There plenty out there that would if they could.

3. Honestly, I've never been to that site so I can't say. I guess I should check it out since it's been mentioned several times.

At least I openly display the source of 99% of my stuff (the other 1% is crap like local stuff). In order to read the rest of the story people can see it's the NYT or WND withour guessing.

Back