Holy Hannah!

All my spider stories are here

Among other things, we were discussing the brown recluse spider and the day after we talked about it, three people were bitten by them on Long Island where I live. They're not supposed to be in this area... :eek:

I killed a black widow abou the size of a half-dollar coin a couple days ago. Had to use "the spray"...:evil6:

My cycles per second burn?

(I don't think that is the proper translation for hertz, i know that is ONE meaning but there must be another... :confuse3: )

Nixy said:
My cycles per second burn?

(I don't think that is the proper translation for hertz, i know that is ONE meaning but there must be another... :confuse3: )

Hertz means heart in German :D
I like your translation too though...it's...well...geekish :headbang:

ah ic!

cycles per second woudl be the scientific translation. we use the term hertz to mean cycles per second in science here!

We use Hertz to describe the amount of vibrations per second for radiowaves for instance...

Don't know if you mean the same thing though..my english on in that field is more than horrible :D

We have water spiders that like to skate along the surface of the pool in my yard. They're not that big, 2-3 cm.

The problem occurs when they're reproducing. I'd pull one out of the water with my net, set him down on the deck, and squash him. Next thing I know, there are 20-30 little bitty spiders coming off the corpse and scuttling around. That's the time I'd have to reach for "the spray".

Gato_Solo said:
I killed a black widow abou the size of a half-dollar coin a couple days ago. Had to use "the spray"...:evil6:

we have those here, i know they are very dangerous, the biggest i've seen is about 3cm (a little more than one inch). how big is a half dollar coin?

Well, seeing as how Florida is bug central anyway, we get all variety of spiders here. Wolf spiders, black widows, brown recluses. I think the biggest I've seen are Banana spiders. They don't bite, but they do grow quite large. And they have ginormous webs - something on the order of 6 to 8 feet high and 4 or 5 feet wide.

Janimal said:
Well, seeing as how Florida is bug central anyway, we get all variety of spiders here. Wolf spiders, black widows, brown recluses. I think the biggest I've seen are Banana spiders. They don't bite, but they do grow quite large. And they have ginormous webs - something on the order of 6 to 8 feet high and 4 or 5 feet wide.

:eek2:

you sure you're not in New Zeland?

OMG! I hate spiders! :eek:

I can't believe I entered your state once :eek:

*gets Florida off the list of states to visit again....*

Oh, wait! You have Kennedy Space Center..darn!

*buys spider proof vest*

Back