hopefully a new house

National Park? That's three hours away... the rent savings would be eaten up in the cost of gas for my daily commute. :lloyd:

Inkara1 said:
National Park? That's three hours away... the rent savings would be eaten up in the cost of gas for my daily commute. :lloyd:

The 'rent' would be between 150 to 300 a month, though...that saves you between 275 and 425 per month for gas and food. I think you could do it...

Spot said:
holy shit...550 sq feet....that is one small house
My trailer is 600Sq, with two bedrooms, Large bathroomw/full laundry, 12 x 12 living room (with 10' bay window) and a 12 x 10 kitchen/dining room.

Parking for 2 cars, and a 1500sq yard.

Inky, shop around, and talk to trailer owners. Some parks are better than others, and some make those fees well worth it. Where I am, there's only the rent ($164 a month).

Gato_Solo said:
The 'rent' would be between 150 to 300 a month, though...that saves you between 275 and 425 per month for gas and food. I think you could do it...
That's 180 miles each way, so 360 miles a day, five times a week, and my car will get around 30 miles to the gallon on a trip like that. Gas is hovering around $2.95 or so a gallon here. That's $35.40 a day in gas, or $177 a week. That's $708 a month for gas... or $133 a month more than I pay in rent now.

Spot luck with your home and watch the water heater it always seems to be the first thing to go. Did the sellers get the insurance that covers you the buyer for a years with replacements of any type? Also a home owns you and you never own a home. I know!

thankd BD.
we should be ok with the heater for awhile. its only 7 years old. the furnace is about 5 and the roof was done within the past 5-10 years.

Inkara1 said:
That's 180 miles each way, so 360 miles a day, five times a week, and my car will get around 30 miles to the gallon on a trip like that. Gas is hovering around $2.95 or so a gallon here. That's $35.40 a day in gas, or $177 a week. That's $708 a month for gas... or $133 a month more than I pay in rent now.

I forgot about Cali gas prices. Perhaps you could live in your car. :shrug: :D

Back