How do you cut your grass?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
We have a postage stamp yard, and an electric mower, and a long extension cord just waiting for me to mow over it. We're talking about getting one of the old school push mowers.

Anyone got one? Do they take major effort nowadays?

Dave

Do they even still sell them??

Last time I used one, way too many moons ago, I found them to be a major pain in the ass.

Aren't there battery operated ones on the market?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I let the landlords handle that shit. :wink2:

Someday when I'm rich enough to afford a lawn worth mowing, I'll care enough about it to make it look good, but for now, I'm enjoying having to do as little self-maintenance as possible

catocom

riding mower (old gear style, so I can fix it if'n it breaks)
and a lot of weedeating
for me.

TexasRaceLady

48" cut, commercial Zero-Turning-Radius mower.

This sucker cuts faster than I want to go. Takes about 2 hours for my 5 acre "front yard".

When I lived in the city, I had an electric mower for my postage stamp yard. I never cut the cord, but the hubby did -- regularly.LOL

As for push mowers, yes, they are still made.

Professur

It's called a Reel mower, and yes, they still sell them. Rona, home despot and Lowes all carry them. They're no cheaper than an electric, must be maintained to stay sharp, and really aren't worth the effort. On the other hand, they do cut the grass cleaner than a rotary blade, with less damage to the blades of grass. Not really all that important unless you're a real maniac about your lawn.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
In the $80 - $120 range for a reel...

Buy a 20" or larger gas machine & you'll be done so quick the environment can be saved by buying 2 carbon credits from Uncle Al & planting an onion.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Haaa there's an ad up there for Robomower. It looks like Roomba! If only we had fenced yards!

I kinda want a push one - if it's easy enough to push. If they haven't really changed, they will be too hard for me to go with.

Cords plus my dumb is kind of scary.

spike

I've got woods the back yard, a deck in the front, rocks on one side and a little strip of grass on the other. I've just used a weed eater so far and I think that's all I'll need.

MrBishop

For something that small...electric mower. Cheaper, less noise and no fiddling with gas-cans etc...

Sharky

grazing.jpg