How...embarrasing.

tie or staple a line to the end of the trap opposite to the bait ,hang the trap verticle against a wall approximately 6-7 inches off the ground and bait with peanut butter.When the rat stands up to feed on the bait, it'll spring and catch it on the back of the head/neck and even if it doesn't kill him instantly ,you have a nice two foot lead so you don't need to get within tooth range. :brush:
you may need to tape part of the trap to the wall as the spring action may make it bounce off the wall,but I've never had a prob with it.

That's great for those foot long monsters down south, but what'll you do it the rat's only 6 inches tall?

[singing] Disco, Disco Rat! I wanna be a Disco Rat!!! [/singing]

disco-ball.jpg

I get all sorts of creepy crawly things in the glue traps that I wouldn't see otherwise. I can't even look at them anymore. I make Rusty do it.

*makes sure I put that in my wedding vows so he has to do it for the rest of our lives

eew. you should see the roaches we get in hawai'i *shudder* they fly and i swear they're aimed directly at me!!

kuulani said:
eew. you should see the roaches we get in hawai'i *shudder* they fly and i swear they're aimed directly at me!!

Not only that but they're getting extremely comfortable these days. Last night, I'm sitting in my room watching tv and a roach just saunters across my floor .. a big one too ... he wasn't scurrying, he was sauntering, as if he pays rent! Bastard ...

MrBishop said:
Did you release the snake back into the 'killing grounds' ?

Nope. If it was a rat snake, I would've...those are constrictors. Poisonous snakes are a no-no.

Well, he's been munching down the poison like no tomorrow for 2 night snow, so soon it really will be no tomorrow. :evilcool:

HomeLAN said:
Well, he's been munching down the poison like no tomorrow for 2 night snow, so soon it really will be no tomorrow. :evilcool:

Most baits say 4 to 5 days for full effect...meaning they are cumulative.

BTW...if you really desire to release captured animals from glue traps, you need to use vegetable oil. The oil is supposed to break down the glue. Once said critters are free, you must take them at least one mile from the capture area. That's why I keep them glued, and drop them in the dumpster. Why burn my gas, when we have a refuse company that will take everything we toss out. ;)

once I put out some poison and, of course, the rat ate it .. problem is he somehow climbed in between the walls and there he died .. the stench was horrific .. now, it's all about snap traps ~L~

nalani said:
once I put out some poison and, of course, the rat ate it .. problem is he somehow climbed in between the walls and there he died .. the stench was horrific .. now, it's all about snap traps ~L~

Just don't forget to secure the traps,I've had a few walk off with them . :eek6:

Back