How far?

unclehobart

How far have you been to the four geographic points of your own country? Can you name the spots?

North. North Portal, North Dakota. Crossing into Canada. The only place more north would be upper Maine and all of Alaska of course.
East. Somewhere in the eastern part of the western 1/3 of Long Island, New York. Only Greenfreak could tell me where I possibly was. There are many places more east that I can go.
West. LAX Los Angeles International Airport. There are many more places west that I can go.
South. Ka Lae, Hawaii. Whitey calls it South Point. It is THE most southern spot in the US. There were a few other visitors and some fishermen slightly more south than I ... so at one point I was the 5th most southern person in the US. Twas my favortie part of the islands.

North: Appleton, WI
South: Lake Alfred. FL
East: Myrtle Beach, SC
W: Probably Appleton WI. Never been west of the mighty Mississip'.

Future plans: Ain't leavin' Dixie ever again.

North...Vancouver, Washington
South...Orlando, Florida
East...Babylon, Long Island, New York
West...El Toro MCAS, California

SouthernN'Proud said:

You would be missing out. A southerner could still be mighty comfortable west of the Old Man River. Places like Texas, Oklahoma, Montana, Wyoming come to mind.

unclehobart said:
You would be missing out. A southerner could still be mighty comfortable west of the Old Man River. Places like Texas, Oklahoma, Montana, Wyoming come to mind.

Well...he has been to 'cheese' country. :lol:

unclehobart said:

Yeah, but they talk so funny out there. :D

north: i lived in bremerton, washington but i've also been to billings, montana. i've traveled by car to canada so i've technically been to north north new york.

south: key west. florida as a little girl, been in love with it ever since.

east: hell, i don't know. i've been all over the eastern seaboard except for new england.

west: san francisco, california if that is more east than bremerton, washington.

Canada
North - Lac Louisa, QC
South - Niagara, ON
East - Tadoussac, QC - whale watching
West - Toronto, ON

USA
North - Chateaugay, NY
South - Hartford, CT (or VA Beach, VA - can't remember which is more south)
East - Old Orchard Beach, ME
West - The American side of Niagara

unclehobart said:
How far have you been to the four geographic points of your own country? Can you name the spots?

North. North Portal, North Dakota. Crossing into Canada. The only place more north would be upper Maine and all of Alaska of course.
East. Somewhere in the eastern part of the western 1/3 of Long Island, New York. Only Greenfreak could tell me where I possibly was. There are many places more east that I can go.
West. LAX Los Angeles International Airport. There are many more places west that I can go.
South. Ka Lae, Hawaii. Whitey calls it South Point. It is THE most southern spot in the US. There were a few other visitors and some fishermen slightly more south than I ... so at one point I was the 5th most southern person in the US. Twas my favortie part of the islands.

Hawaii, Florida. Exact points I cannot say but those states I have been to

North: Bellingham, WA
South: Kissimmee, FL
East: Montauk, NY
West: Seattle, WA or San Jose, CA (I think Seattle is further west.)

North- Went to Vancouver once, Northern Minnesota several times.
West- Seattle, Wash
East- Virginia Beach
South- Kentucky, maybe parts of Tennessee.

North: Monterrey
South: Acapulco
West: Guadalajara
East: Puebla

East -- Bar Harbor, Maine
North --- Fairbanks, Alaska
West --- Waialua, on the island of Oahu.
South --- That would be the big island of Hawaii -- . But also, Key West, Florida

tonksy said:
*is green with envy :sick5:

Well, it would be far better if I had mantioned Mexicali as the north and west, Cancun/Cozumel as east, and Chiapas as south. I haven't travelled much :(

SouthernN'Proud said:

SN'P --- you can come to Texas any time. I talk Southern. LOL

Ok, I just realized that Freeport, ME is further east (I believe) than Montauk, NY, so put me down for that. ;)

Back