hungover??

Not sure what star I'd rate-but the throbbing head has happen before -and the make-up on the face not looking right,blood shot eyes, and Definetly rumbling belly...... But TG I've not had to experirnce any of those feeling lately :thumbup: :thumbup:

Best prevention I've found is sticking to clear liquor, and sleeping in a cold room. I agree with CheeseRocket that water and aspirin before bed helps, too. And those who say that eating helps are right, too - I prefer lots of extremely spicy food the morning after.

Water helps because alcohol dehydrates you. I usually have a pint before I go to bed, but there is actually a limit on how much it is safe to drink over a certain period of time, believe it or not.

i usually don't get them at all but sometimes it's a 2, in highschool i had a few fives, and i remember one time at work where someone was cooking livers in brandy, one whiff of that and i was bent over the sink for a good half hour.
a hair of the dog i have found to be the best solution, just try to keep it to one drink though the morning after, otherwise you end up drunk all the time. hmmmmm, not a bad idea that one

agreed, i find that an annual bender or two is enough to remind me why i don't drink much the rest of the year.

I'm strictly a one if that. I don't really get hangovers, cos I don't keep drink down very well if I go over my limits. Besides, I find that chundering it all out again significantly reduces my chances of a hangover. :brush:

now of course we ALL know that the ONLY thing that really helps a hangover is more alcohol. right? so hold your nose and resist your instinct to shed your skin and crawl under the fridge and crack open a a nice warm beer and *sip* and in a matter of minutes your sudden over night alcohol addiction will be satisfied and your frazzled nerves will calm themselves. simple biology.

I can remember one five and one four...the four I went to a friend's house to try to get rid of it before going home (it was a Sat morning and I had caught a ride home to surprise my mom). The five I grabbed a cab home from where I crashed the night before and didn't give a shit about my mom. I walked into the house and went to bed for another like 6 or 7 hours (but not until my mom told me I had to drive her to the airport that afternoon :eek:). I prolly would have woken up with someone next to me if it wasn't for the fact I had a bf who was there. Apparently I was all over this one guy...oh my...

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of forgetting... I remember every stupid thing I did up until I passed out... though I told everyone I didn't. ;)

Luis G said:

Mirlyn said:

oh come on you wimps. suck it up and just pour it in. youll be better for it in the long run. and warm beer is gentler on the stomach then cold.

EDIT: but come to think of it you can always do Irish Coffee or something. Although personally thats more likely to make me puke (sugar and shnops?!) then palate neutral beer.

i drink warm beer out of shame....shame for letting the damn thing warm up...i am famous for leaving beer orphans all over the place...just forget about them...perhaps i need to take my drinking more seriously....

freako104 said:
thats mean dude. my grampa used to have a warm beer. and i drink a warm one from time to time

I can't stand warm beer, I can't believe your grandpa actually liked it :S

warm.....cool....cold or frozen into novelty ice cubes, beer is the drink for all occasions :swing:

Although I do prefer it a lil' chilly meself.......too cold and it promotes hiccups, wich can seriously interrupt quality drinkin' time

last night I learned that lots of REALLY spicy chinese food + lots of rice (which of course absorbs liquid and expands in your stomach) + lots and lots and LOTS of really sweet German white wine = a gastronomical train wreck.

oy...

Thulsa Doom said:
last night I learned that lots of REALLY spicy chinese food + lots of rice (which of course absorbs liquid and expands in your stomach) + lots and lots and LOTS of really sweet German white wine = a gastronomical train wreck.

oy...

A sweet german white? Well see, that's where you went wrong! You shoulda had a bitter NZ Sav Blanc. :p

Back