hurricane? earthquake? the gods are playing ...

kuulani

While I'm sitting here in my house, waiting the arrival of Hurricane Flossie, the house starts shaking, things start falling off the shelf and *bam* we get an earthquake. I think the hurricane god and the earthquake god are playing together somewhere up there :crap:

Okay, so I just found out that the earthquake was centered right smack on our active volcano ...

the earthquake god and volcanic goddess is probably upset that some foreign hurricane god from across the seas was getting all our attention and wanted in on the action :grinyes:

Thanks guys!! It seems overnight the category 4 hurricane is weakening and now its a category 2 ... at least schools were closed today (and luckily i work at a school, so no work too)!!

Instead of snow days we get hurricane days :D

as much as I HATE snow & cold weather, I'd rather put up that than having my house shake and storms that would cause the roof to fly away.

I just woke up .. the light sound of the rain kept me in bed a while longer than normal :D ... it's been downgraded? Oh well .. then we have a crapload of spam and saimin and water for weeks to come LOL.

I didn't even feel the earthquake - I was driving around looking for a gas station that still had gas and didn't have umpteen people in line ...

BAH! A little rain & a little earthquake. Next time, go to Malibu & see how the professionals do it.

Well glad to hear it's all OK. I personally was at the epicenter of a 6.8 shaker that happened near Olympia WA, the state capital, some years ago. The scariest thing about it was the dreadful noise it made. It was the most ungodly and terrifying inhuman groaning sound I have ever heard. Then books started flying off the shelves in the legal office I was in, and myself and everyone else, despite our training, (In Washington you get a lot of training about eathquakes from early in school on) ran outside into the street to get out of the building. Fortunately my state was built with the knowlege that everything here must be constructed to withstand such events and very little serious damage was done. But here's to hoping that natural disaster will cut you all some slack for a while!

The scariest thing about it was the dreadful noise it made. It was the most ungodly and terrifying inhuman groaning sound I have ever heard.

Oh stop. That was just you shitting yourself.

Seriously, I've never "heard" an earthquake...although I've lived through at least five 6.0 or larger. Some claim they hear things, others to smell. :shrug:

Oh stop. That was just you shitting yourself.

Seriously, I've never "heard" an earthquake...although I've lived through at least five 6.0 or larger. Some claim they hear things, others to smell. :shrug:

Scuse me were you there? I wasn't the only one who commented on the noise.

:stfu:

Can't make personal experience comments anymore huh? Must be part of the liberal freedom package. Free to do anything liberals agree with.

Can't make personal experience comments anymore huh? Must be part of the liberal freedom package. Free to do anything liberals agree with.

Doesn't change the fact that you were not there! So therefore you have NO personal experience with this particular earthquake.....END OF STORY!

I've been through 2 extremely minor quakes here in mtl ... and while I know they're nothing in comparison to what you heros on the shaky coast deal with ... I heard both of them.

Back