Hurricane Frances

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Did you ever get the feeling...

061453W5.gif

[b]

Frances wasn't too bad here in Tallahassee. Lots of wind and a bit of rain. It's been overcast for 3 days now. That's the most depressing part. We didn't have phone service all weekend and lost power a few times. A couple of transformers exploded behind our apartment. That'll make you shit your pants. I was outside when one of them went. I was glad I didn't. Lot's of store closings and stuff like that. They cancled classes for today and we are only open for a half day here at my office. But all in all we survived.

Hopefully Ivan puts on more of a show.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
[b] said:
Has any one looked at this link today? Can anyone explain how you can launch a person into space as part of an unMANned mission?

A rocket similar to this was used to launch Alan Shepard on the first unmanned suborbital mission
**Scratching head...

[b]

i think that goes a long way into explaining why our space program is not exactly what it should be.

but hey, what do i know, i'm not rocket scientist....

HomeLAN

[b] said:
Frances wasn't too bad here in Tallahassee. Lots of wind and a bit of rain. It's been overcast for 3 days now. That's the most depressing part. We didn't have phone service all weekend and lost power a few times. A couple of transformers exploded behind our apartment. That'll make you shit your pants. I was outside when one of them went. I was glad I didn't. Lot's of store closings and stuff like that. They cancled classes for today and we are only open for a half day here at my office. But all in all we survived.

Hopefully Ivan puts on more of a show.

Heh. I had one blow up right outside my bedroom window at about 3:30 this morning. That'll levitate yer ass right out of bed.

Atlanta is just extremely wet. I'm going to have to canoe home.

Sharky

We had a lot of wind in Washington County, and persistent light rain that soaked the ground good. The peanut fields look OK, the cotton had some opened bolls that got wet but not beat down, everything looks good.

The power never went off, and no damage to the trees, just a lot of small branches and debris down.

Looks like Ivan wants to come get some. :eh: