I don't think so, Joe.

HomeLAN

Fla. Killer Asks Judge to Spare His Life

By MITCH STACY
Associated Press Writer

AP Photo/CHIP LITHERLAND

SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) -- A weeping Joseph Smith apologized Tuesday for the abduction, rape and murder of 11-year-old Carlie Brucia two years ago, telling a judge he had taken large amounts of cocaine and heroin that day in hopes of killing himself.

Smith told Circuit Judge Andrew Owens, who will sentence him to death or life in prison, "I do not ask for mercy for myself. The only thing I can see to give me a life sentence is for my family. I do not want to see them hurt any further."

How much did Carlie weep? How much mercy was shown to her and her family?

How fast can we execute this sack of shit?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
he had taken large amounts of cocaine and heroin that day in hopes of killing himself

It really isn't that hard, especially if you try. Hang him by his nads until rigor mortis sets in.

catocom

His plea to try to get out of the death penalty was that he wanted to see his kids grow up.
Piss on him...besides the way the appeals go, he'll get to anyway.

We just need swifter justice in some cases.

highwayman

HomeLAN said:

Let's see, the appeals process takes a minimum of 15 years then he gets hung/shot up/ electricuted unless Florida changes it's laws during that time.

I live in Oregon it'll take me about 5 days to drive there...Anybody willing to chip in for the gas?

Winky

If S & P had been his Probation officer...?

I say early release for which ever con kills this piece
of refuse.

The travesty that is our death penalty pisses me off
and this is a prime example of someone that deserves a swift
and sure execution!

HomeLAN

highwayman said:
Let's see, the appeals process takes a minimum of 15 years then he gets hung/shot up/ electricuted unless Florida changes it's laws during that time.

I live in Oregon it'll take me about 5 days to drive there...Anybody willing to chip in for the gas?

I'll even buy the bullet.

Winky

Highwayman I'd bet that if it was assured
that you could git-er-done and not face
prosecution we'd be able to afford first-class airfare!

That sure as Hell would be a worthy cause to contribute too.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
but...but...but, he wants to be an influence on his childrens lives...sob...sob...sob....BLAM!!!! end of story.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Off with his head. A carton of smokes for the inmate who rams a shiv in his back, and a paid vacation to the guard who unlocks the inmate who rams a shiv in his back.

AlphaTroll

You guys are barbaric, executing the man will not bring the little girl back to life or make the family feel any better. He should be sent to prison and rehabilitated so that he can one day join the workforce again and pay his taxes to make up for the time spent behind bars. Anyone has the right to see their children grow up.

*Falls flatfaced from soapbox into pile of shit she has just spewed*

Professur

AlphaTroll said:
You guys are barbaric, executing the man will not bring the little girl back to life or make the family feel any better. He should be sent to prison and rehabilitated so that he can one day join the workforce again and pay his taxes to make up for the time spent behind bars. Anyone has the right to see their children grow up.

Wow. *bows to the master* I couldn't have made it more than half way through that with a straight face.

Uki Chick

AlphaTroll said:

What about Carlie's parents having the right to watch their daughter grow up? That right was taken away from them, so why should he get the chance?

Carlie's dad said in the article he wants to see him die. It will be his closure.

The guy deserves whatever he gets and it really is sad that the appeals process takes so long.

Uki Chick

AlphaTroll said:
Chick you really should read my posts all the way to the bottom. (See Prof's very apt reaction).

I was writing in general, not at you're post solely, but to anyone who would actually feel that way.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Closure is a bullshit psychological term. The day the girl was found was the day closure happened. Everything since is, and should be, vengeance.

freako104

Not fast enough because of the fucking appeals and shit. Justice is a better term, he is getting a punishment that fits the crime :shrug: