I find it embarrassing

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I'm sorry, but this story from rueters is just embarrassing. Our President is talking to the world and it sounds like highschool level discussions. I have to wonder if he has any idea of whats going on.....

Bush: Dollar's Fall Contrary to Policy

Saturday May 31, 5:41 PM EDT

By Steve Holland

KRAKOW, Poland (Reuters) - President Bush said the "devalued" level of the dollar on global markets runs contrary to U.S. policy in favor of a strong dollar, according to an interview transcript released on Saturday.

Bush was interviewed by Russia's RTR TV on Thursday. The transcript was released by the White House on Saturday as Bush headed to St. Petersburg.

Asked about U.S. dollar policy, Bush replied: "The policy of my administration is for there to be a strong U.S. dollar."

When the reporter told Bush the dollar was not strong at the moment, Bush replied:

"Well, I understand that. And the marketplace is making decisions as to whether the dollar should be strong or not. Our policy is a strong dollar. And we believe that good fiscal and monetary policy will cause our economy to grow and that the marketplace will see a growing economy and therefore strengthen the dollar," he said.

"But you're right, the market, at this point in time, has devalued the dollar, which is contrary to our policy," he said.

Bush's remarks were released on the eve of a Group of Eight summit in the French town of Evian, where any coordinated statement on volatile currencies could be treated as a sign that the dollar's sharp decline has gone too far, analysts say.

Bush, as well as leaders of Japan and Germany, had already taken the unusual step of talking about currencies in advance of the G8 summit, spurring talk currencies may be on the agenda despite policymakers' recent efforts to downplay the issue.

European and Japanese exporters have grown uneasy with the steep fall in the dollar this year, yet the dollar's decline has accelerated as currency markets perceived a lack of concern among policymakers from the world's richest nations. Those concerns peaked two weeks ago when U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow appeared to adopt a hands-off approach toward the dollar's decline even while voicing Washington's long-standing commitment to a strong U.S. currency.

Snow said the dollar's 15 percent decline this year was a "really fairly modest" realignment of currencies, remarks which were widely read as a signal to keep offloading the greenback.

Jeslek

Banned
He is a Yale graduate. Do you know how many Canadians make it into Yale in a given year? Perhaps 50. It is damn hard to get in, and if you come out you are a very extraordinary individual.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I don't trust credentials either. They can be had like everything else in America...for a price.

Its obvious from those answers that he is totally void of knowledge on the subject and trying to escape with a non-answer. I've NEVER seen him answer a question of any importance with a reasonable answer. he babbles bullshit and slides out... :shrug:

Jeslek

Banned
So just like that you're dismissing his Yale degree? Which implies that the school is guilty of corruption. Is that what you're saying? Do you know how many Yale grads would be chewing rocks if you dismiss their school like that? It is the TOP liberal arts school in the United States. They don't just give degrees out for fun. You have to WORK hard and when you come out of that school you are a very well rounded and extraordinary person.

Jeslek

Banned
President Bush was born on July 6, 1946, in New Haven, Connecticut, and he grew up in Midland and Houston, Texas. He received a bachelor's degree from Yale University in 1968, then served as an F-102 fighter pilot in the Texas Air National Guard. President Bush received a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School in 1975.
Are you "not trusting" the Harvard Business School degree either?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Big money in America can accomplish amazing things. I don't totally discount Yale. But are you trying to tell me that he even comes close to sounding like a legit Yale grad? Hes a moron.

Jeslek

Banned
Squiggy said:
Big money in America can accomplish amazing things. I don't totally discount Yale. But are you trying to tell me that he even comes close to sounding like a legit Yale grad? Hes a moron.
No, he is doing an excellent job of appearing humble and simple. Did you read some of his writings? It isn't the writings of a moron. President Bush is a very, very smart and extraordinary man. He has a Yale and a Harvard degree. He was a rather successful business man and won by 68.5% his second Governor of Texas office.

You're accusing Yale and Harvard of corruption. Corruption is a very, very serious charge. I hope you have some proof to back that up. Until proven otherwise, I will believe that Yale University and HBS gave President Bush his degrees because he earnt it, not because they are corrupt organizations.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Yeah....I guess he just didn't want to have to talk about important things that day... :shrug: Or maybe he didn't want to have to discuss how the 15% the dollar lost in value will show up as double digit inflation very soon ...or things like that. Good job George. :wink2:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Oh no...wouldn't want that...We should let it crumble. I'm just glad I live in a country where theres no corruption. I should count my blessings and stop thinking...:tardbang:

Jeslek

Banned
I didn't say that, did I?

But you are accusing two of the top schools in the U.S. of corruption without a shred of proof. Not even a rumor. Nothing. Zippo. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Jeslek

Banned
And of course you have met him, talked to him, and know him personally which is how you come to the conclusion that he is a moron.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I don't know him as well as you obviously know Bill Clinton, but hey, I manage to squeak out reasonable comparisons to other presidents and recognize just how short George falls...

flavio

Banned
Squiggy said:
He is the proof...

It's become blatantly obvious that he's not too sharp. He probably is almost reaching average areas in IQ though. He just seems extra stupid when you consider the position he is in.

It may be that some gears were greased to get him through college. On the other hand the damage could have been done after college during his years of substance abuse. Hard to tell really.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Just once I'd like to see him come up with an intelligent answer to an impromtu question... :shrug: For the longest time he got away with "Ill tell you this...We're gonna smoke out those evil-doers..." Now that he can't use that, hes lost. :retard: