I find it embarrassing

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
I'm sorry, but I just can't get all worked up over mere words. Especially those quoted during a less than critical interview.

But, if you want to judge a man's intelligence, and more importantly, his competence, by these words... knock yourself out. That's the grandest diversion I can imagine.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
:confuse3: It seems an acceptable tool when applied right to left. Why is it different when applied left to right?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Squiggy said:
Hes a moron.

You almost had me agreeing with you until that. Willie & Ronnie had outstanding oratory skills. That's much of what made them so poular. George I & his son are both obviously lacking in that department. As was Carter. I don't give a shit what these guys appear like, it takes one hell of a lot of smarts to get to the top. Luck & persistence (read Dole) can't take you over the top. Contacts help get you there but intelligence is what it takes. Yes, I agree, he's not the most well spoken hillbilly we've ever had in office but I've yet to meet someone who has either met him or actually knows hiim say or think he's a dim bulb.

From what I understand, Lincoln couldn't orate very well either. Look how he turned out (no, I don't mean dead)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Its not a question of oration. He never has a proper answer. Its like the facts he needs are beyond him. Like I said, just once I want to hear him answer a question when asked. He even has press conferences scripted and can't answer questions from reporters he didn't expect to speak.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
lol, a lot of people just wanted slick willie to answer questions as well. Instead he just questioned the definitions of words in the question.

:lol: :beerbang:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Squiggy said:
I don't trust credentials either. They can be had like everything else in America...for a price.

Its obvious from those answers that he is totally void of knowledge on the subject and trying to escape with a non-answer. I've NEVER seen him answer a question of any importance with a reasonable answer. he babbles bullshit and slides out... :shrug:
:lol: True :lol:

Remember always...If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance...Baffle them with your bullshit.... Works every time. :lol:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
outside looking in said:
lol, a lot of people just wanted slick willie to answer questions as well. Instead he just questioned the definitions of words in the question.

:lol: :beerbang:

But when he was asked a question that his job dictated he should have an answer to, he did.

ris

Gonz said:
Squiggy said:
Hes a moron.

You almost had me agreeing with you until that. Willie & Ronnie had outstanding oratory skills. That's much of what made them so poular. George I & his son are both obviously lacking in that department. As was Carter. I don't give a shit what these guys appear like, it takes one hell of a lot of smarts to get to the top. Luck & persistence (read Dole) can't take you over the top. Contacts help get you there but intelligence is what it takes.

in politics, like much of life, its not what you know but who you know. contacts are everything.

as for his degrees, you can find the results alledging to be his college transcripts. he turns out to be a decidedly average student [oral skills in particular not his strong point] source

humourous annecdote that appears frequently on the 'net:
Bush said that his favorite childhood book was "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". Now this is weird, because that book wasn't even published until a year he graduated from college.
:D

there have been accusations that bush benefitted from the yale legacy system which rewards relatives without the necessary criteria for entry because someone in the family did once.

The average SAT scores for freshmen entering Yale in Mr. Bush's class, the Class of 1968, were 670 Verbal, 705 Math. Mr. Bush scored 566 on the Verbal and 640 on the Math, scores which placed him in the 84% percentile. Barring the unlikely possibility that young Bush wrote an essay of National Book Award quality, SAT scores in the top 16% would not have gained him admission to Yale on his own merit.

the reality with schools like yale, harvard, oxford and cambridge [in the uk] is that intelligence is often not the most important thing on the list. which school you went to or who you know seems to count for a lot more. the notion of the best applicants getting in on merit has been a falacy for a very long time.

chcr

Too cute for words
Jeslek said:
He is a Yale graduate. Do you know how many Canadians make it into Yale in a given year? Perhaps 50. It is damn hard to get in, and if you come out you are a very extraordinary individual.
He got in to Yale because of who his father is. He was a C student. I don't think he's a moron, I think he's a typical C student. Oh, and if you don't think you can buy a degree from an Ivy League (or any other) University, you're just naive.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
ris said:
the yale legacy system which rewards relatives without the necessary criteria for entry because someone in the family did once.

Of this, I have no doubt. It's kinda like affirmative action for the rich.

Jeslek

Banned
chcr said:
Jeslek said:
He is a Yale graduate. Do you know how many Canadians make it into Yale in a given year? Perhaps 50. It is damn hard to get in, and if you come out you are a very extraordinary individual.
He got in to Yale because of who his father is. He was a C student. I don't think he's a moron, I think he's a typical C student. Oh, and if you don't think you can buy a degree from an Ivy League (or any other) University, you're just naive.
You probably can fake it. Do you think Bush did that? And you completely ignored the fact that he came OUT of Yale and Harvard without dropping out.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
He has a Yale and a Harvard degree. He was a rather successful business man and won by 68.5% his second Governor of Texas office.

i would never dismiss his business and investment skills...he did a damn fine job at that point, without doubt. but that doesn't mean he makes a damn fine president without doubt.
i might know a lot about management and organisations, but that doesn't make me a good manager in the engineering industry without questioning...

chcr

Too cute for words
Jeslek said:
You probably can fake it. Do you think Bush did that? And you completely ignored the fact that he came OUT of Yale and Harvard without dropping out.
Of course he didn't drop out, he's not a moron. As for having the qualifications in the first place, it seems obvious to me he did not. He makes comments that indicate that he is ill prepared and has not studied the issues. Typical C student.

Gov. Jeb Bush visited Dunedin's Pioneer Park on Tuesday to announce an elder care initiative before an audience of 300. Among them was Dunedin City Manager and Yale University alumnus John Lawrence, who waited after the governor's speech to shake his hand.

Lawrence said Bush immediately noticed the blue tie with the Yale seal he was wearing and commented about how his brother George W. Bush attended the school.

"As a matter of fact, I was in your brother's class," Lawrence told Bush. "I met him when he was 18, if you can believe that."

According to Lawrence, Bush responded by saying, "Ah, yes. But the statute of limitations has run out on that."

"Apparently, he is somewhat aware of his brother's reputation then," Lawrence said later.

chcr

Too cute for words
chcr said:
don't think he's a moron, I think he's a typical C student.
chcr said:
Of course he didn't drop out, he's not a moron. As for having the qualifications in the first place, it seems obvious to me he did not. He makes comments that indicate that he is ill prepared and has not studied the issues. Typical C student.
I completely fail to see why the fact that Squiggy and I don't agree on a point has anything to do with you. Oh, sorry, I forgot. 8