i got my alice in wonderland sleeve outlined!

BlurOfSerenity

on wednesday (the 5th) i got my alice in wonderland sleeve tattoo outlined. i'd been wanting it for a few years and am finally getting underway on it. the pictures might be too big for convenient posting here, but here's a link to my photobucket album which has them http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/ashbat/Tattoos/AliceSleeve/Outline/ . i know it's all kind of sparse and disconnected right now, i'm thinking of it as hanging up a picture frame with no picture in it yet. i still need shading, color, and background. i also am probably going to add a few more characters. i was going to have bill the lizard, but i didnt think i could handle any more work being done in the area he was going to go in, so i'm getting him at a later date.
it took four and a half hours. owwie!

Mare

Owwie is right Girl! Looks like it hurt-nice though.

I like tattoo's just not so big to cover alot of body though.

tonksy

Damn! Looks good! are you going to have the background filler be gray shading or a color? Looks good! I bet the red queen and the tweedles were fucking sensitive.
I want an upper sleeve one day but I'll stick with the leg until it gets at least to the knee (I am terrified of the knee and back of knee).

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
The rabbit turned out great! (he's always been my favourite)

That whole sleeve is just so YOU.

BlurOfSerenity

woah, i like forgot i even made this thread!

no new work since making this thread, unfortunately the money's been tight :( but it all healed up well, no blowouts really, except for in my stretchmarks (where the tweedles and the red and white queen and are, mainly), which i expected.
eventually i want the background filled in like it's kind of a swirl of colors happening, kind of like a colorful tornado going up my arm, with assorted sundry items like keys, teacups, cards, flowers and chesspieces caught up in it.
part of my problem is that the artist who did the outline moved to another shop in a nearby area that i'm not at all familiar with, and i have yet to get up the courage to head up to his new shop. (i get really nervous when trying to find places i've never been, sometimes).

BlurOfSerenity

UPDATE:
today i got a lot of the shading done, in all characters but the tweedles, A) because we ran out of time and B) because i knew they'd hurt more than i wanted to put up with at the time, though shading definitely hurts a lot less than outlining.
my original intention was to get more figures added, namely bill the lizard and also the red king, to fill in some of those wide open spaces, but my artist, who i'd finally gotten up the courage to go find at his new shop, was confused as to who i was, and so wasn't prepared to add those figures. so we worked on shading instead.
all in all i'm very pleased. there's a lot of redness/brusing stuff... i'm so anxious to see how it looks when its all healed up!
here are pictures :)
http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/ashbat/Tattoos/AliceSleeve/shading/

BlurOfSerenity

UPDATE:

last i updated, i didn't have the red king or bill the lizard yet.
this is my most recent selection of pictures : http://www.batwing.org/tattoos.html . no picture of the tweedles, but they still look like they did when i got them outlined. no shading in them yet.
the redness in the shaded ones is just because they had just been done and usually there is redness. the redness is long since gone now.

i have another appointment tomorrow!
five hours. plenty of time to make some good progress. so keep it tuned!