Illegal Workers Arrested

highwayman

Everyone have meat in your freezers? If not you may have a dry spell on your favorite cut...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/12/AR2006121200525_pf.html
Federal agents targeting illegal immigrants raided meatpacking plants in six states yesterday, arresting hundreds of workers on the uncommon charge of identity theft and shutting down the world's second-largest meat processing company for much of the day.

About 1,000 U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents with search warrants entered plants owned by Swift & Co., of Greeley, Colo., charging that "large numbers" of workers illegally assumed the identities of U.S. citizens or legal residents by using their Social Security numbers to get work, ICE officials said.

Company and union officials said agents, some dressed in riot gear, locked down six beef- and pork-processing plants early in the morning, segregating workers into groups of citizens and non-citizens after questioning. Some illegal workers were bused to detention facilities hours away, labor officials said.

Giving credit where it's due, Slick Willie tried this in the 90s. The local pols had a shitfit & the meat packing plants got their hispanic labor back.

Clinton had been more concerned about his popularity as president then running the country. If he got a little on the side so be it...

The Federal law is that if you harbor illegals, it's a felony.

Judge Strikes Down Pennsylvania City's Illegal Immigration Law

ALLENTOWN, Pa. — A federal judge on Thursday struck down the city of Hazleton's tough crackdown on illegal immigrants, ruling unconstitutional a law that has been emulated by towns and cities around the nation.

The Illegal Immigration Relief Act sought to impose fines on landlords who rent to illegal immigrants and deny business permits to companies that give them jobs. Another measure would have required tenants to register with City Hall and pay for a rental permit.

It was pushed by Hazleton's Republican mayor last summer after two illegal immigrants were charged in a fatal shooting.

Hispanic groups and illegal immigrants sued in federal court to overturn the measures, saying they usurp the federal government's exclusive power to regulate immigration, deprive residents of their constitutional rights to equal protection and due process, and violate state and federal housing law.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290960,00.html

Unseat/disbar, and prosecute.
Judges need to start being held more accountable IMO.

That's why there needs to be some kind of judicial system overhaul,
where sentencing guidelines are tightened, and more standardized. (nationwide)

Now I'm not talking about parking tickets. I understand the rights of states,
but I mean like for the major felonies....Murder, Child rape, ...

IMO, a slight amount of power needs to be redistributed.

Gotta start somewhere....
maybe I thinking too big, to get a foot in the door.
maybe, just start with one less appeal, and one national sentencing guideline. :nerd:

Back