I'm going to quit today.

PuterTutor said:
Wish me luck.

I'll wish you guts, balls and distraction instead. They'll do more for you than luck will. I quit 14 years ago from 2 packs (50 cigs) a day, cold turkey. The addiction only lasts a few days, a week at most. The real killer is the habit. Your entire day revolves around lighting up. I found that I'd even planned conversations using lighting up as a pause for effect. To this day I'll still catch myself with a pen stuck in the corner of my mouth. And did'ya nothice that the 15 minute breaks you get are exactly long enough for a cig?

That's been the toughest today, I get a break in the morning and one in the afternoon. I just kept working today.

Oh, that and the twisting, pulling feeling all over my gut and chest, the fact that I could put my head down and go to sleep on my desk right now, and my legs feel like rubber when I try to walk. Other than that, I feel fucking GREAT.

Goddammit I want a Smokie treat.

keep the good job, after a few days you will experience some nasty fluids going out of your nose and mouth (some sort of yellow/brown mucus), no you're not sick, your body is cleaning up.

Oh, I'm just doing great, got the shakes so bad, all I have to do is lay on my wife, and she's having Mulitiples, but other than that, I hate it. I want a cig so bad.

Yesterday at work, I ate lunch, then walked outside and starting patting myself down, I just knew I had cigs on me somewhere.

Bah. Ask your self one question...Do you really need that smoke? If you answer yes, then it's time for nicotrol patches. If you answer no, then just don't have one. Chew a stick of sugarless gum instead. Snap into a Slim Jim. Have a glass of water, even.

I know I don't NEED the cig. And it's not so much craving it anymore, really. It's just the times I catch myslef reaching into my pocket, expecting to pull out a cig. My hands seem to do it before my brain even registers what's going on.

PuterTutor said:
Oh, I'm just doing great, got the shakes so bad, all I have to do is lay on my wife, and she's having Mulitiples, but other than that, I hate it

lol

I've been quit for almost four years and someone put a pack of cigarettes down on the desk next to me today and I knew what it was from the sound it made and the smell of nicotine. You'll kick the act of smoking but I still think like a smoker. Every once in a while I still have the unconcious plan to go outside after I eat to smoke. But I'd never go back, hindsight is 20/20.

you've made it too far to turn back now PT, GO....GO....GO....GO....

did that 7 months ago. very difficult. i need one badly. damn if only i didnt promise that girl id still be smoking and have a lot less stress.

Yeah, it's not worth it. Only 25% of people die from smoking related diseases anyway. The odds are in your favor. Do you really need all this stress?

:coffee: :headbang:

You're doing great, PT.

Suggestion: Get a set of yin yang balls... fondle them with your hands every time you find yourself looking for something to do with your hands and you're at work and can't fap at nekkid pics.

:headbang:

Go get a small box of toothpicks and put them where you normally put your cigs. When you feel you need to take out a cig, you'll take out a toothpick instead. They're much cheaper, too, just don't try to light them up.

Back