Iranian official admits Tehran supplied missiles to Hezbollah

re post #57

second article linked atarts with

In 1948, the Jewish minority formally declared the existence of Israel in the Palestine Mandate

that was not the jewish minority, that was the UN

the first article says multiple times that Arab-israelis have the vote.

but you say

Their voting rights are even limited.

how is it limited?

yes arabs at first where treated unfairly, times have changed.

Gonz said:
Because it's horseshit. Those same people have been marginalized by Arabs for centuries. Those same people are called martyrs when they are nothing but sticks to stir the shit pot with. I feel for them but they're right where they want to be.

What's horshit? Are you saying they don't deserve equality? I thought earlier you said they had equality?

I said they weren't treated as second class citizens. Equality is a PC buzzword.

paul_valaru said:
yes arabs at first where treated unfairly, times have changed.

No, they're still 2nd class citizens as the articles above show. I'm not going to run out of examples anytime soon.

The Knesset today approved another bill that aims to harm Arab MKs and restrict their activities. Using opposition to “support for or solidarity with a terrorist organization,” today the Knesset approved a bill submitted by MK Zevulun Orlev (National Union).

Orlev’s bill stipulates that an MK who shows support or solidarity for a terrorist organization will lose his membership in the assembly, but all Palestinian organizations are described as terrorist by Israel.

http://english.aad-online.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=963

Arab-Israelis have the same rights as israelis, some that are quite progressive, especially considering the region.

They can vote, so can the muslim women.

Gay partners have full spousal rights and benefits.

They can now travel freely (yes it was restricted in the past)

There is no gay marriage though, but that is to do with the way marriage is done there, there are no non-religious marriages, for a marriage in israel you need a preist imim or rabbi. (so no interfaith marriages IN israel, but a quick flight to cyprus, and you can have any type of marriage you want, and it will be recognized by the goverment)

for someone who seems so down on israel, you seem to know very little about the country, or it's various peoples. You only seem to focus on what the press is telling you.

go to your local library, find a book called "The Israelis" in the non-fiction section, it covers actual interviews from people IN israel, un-biased, and un-edited, doesn't paint a shiny happy picture, but maybe will give you an idea of what you are talking about.

spike said:
No, they're still 2nd class citizens as the articles above show. I'm not going to run out of examples anytime soon.

The Knesset today approved another bill that aims to harm Arab MKs and restrict their activities. Using opposition to “support for or solidarity with a terrorist organization,” today the Knesset approved a bill submitted by MK Zevulun Orlev (National Union).

Orlev’s bill stipulates that an MK who shows support or solidarity for a terrorist organization will lose his membership in the assembly, but all Palestinian organizations are described as terrorist by Israel.

http://english.aad-online.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=963

my GOD!! can you beleive that? belonging to, or supporting a terrorist organization is reason to loose your seat in the GOVERMENT.

So supporting a Terrosrist organization who's purpose is the destruction of the goverment is reason to be kicked out of THAT GOVERMENT!!!

what a great idea, maybe lebanon will adapt that and get ride of hezbollah.

so I guess you are right, terrorists are 2nd class citizens. Your average arab is not though

paul_valaru said:
Arab-Israelis have the same rights as israelis, some that are quite progressive, especially considering the region.

No, as the articles show they don't. Damn man how many examples do you need?

for someone who seems so down on israel, you seem to know very little about the country, or it's various peoples. You only seem to focus on what the press is telling you.

It seems you don't know that much likely due to your refusal to see what's right in front of you. Go ahead and discount "the press" while you are using the JEWISH VIRTUAL LIBRARY.

In addition to the press I have an Israeli friend and co-worker that served in the Israeli military and another Jewish friend who lived in ISrael for 6 years who are the ones that brought this stuff to my attention in the first palce.

Neither of them agrees at all with the way Arabs are treated born raised Israeli left the country and is here now because the actions of his former country sickened him.

2minkey also noted a couple personal accounts of arab mistreatment by his friends.

What's it going to take here?

paul_valaru said:
my GOD!! can you beleive that? belonging to, or supporting a terrorist organization is reason to loose your seat in the GOVERMENT.

Most important part you missed:

but all Palestinian organizations are described as terrorist by Israel.

well I need something to disuade me from MY personal experiances.

the many many many israelis I knew and grew up with, the many friends who went back and forth to israel.

Hell the arab-israelis I met.

and yep I used the Jewish virtual library to point out that arab israelis CAN indeed vote. And even serve in goverment, I can find plenty of full on anti-arab shit out there, but I choose not to. Unlike you who thinks a condemnation peice from some world church group is fact.

You truly have NO clue what so ever, the wool is pulled over your eyes. You beleive what they want you too.

let's put it simply.

when an Jew gets on to a bus with a bomb strapped around his waist, and blows up 15 muslim children, and his family is rewarded by the israeli goverment, and he is priased by friends and neibours, and considered a hero, then, and only then will you be right. Until then, go enjoy the literature brought to you by the people who wite such wonderful books as the protocals of zion.

spike said:
Most important part you missed:

but all Palestinian organizations are described as terrorist by Israel.

yep got that, what is your point.

PLO look up what is was, before it was nicefied

Hamas

look up palestinian goups in israel, and then read their charters, usually has something in it like "the destruction of israel"

paul_valaru said:
and yep I used the Jewish virtual library to point out that arab israelis CAN indeed vote. And even serve in goverment, I can find plenty of full on anti-arab shit out there, but I choose not to. Unlike you who thinks a condemnation peice from some world church group is fact.

Look I've supplied plenty of sources and you have no room to complain when yours is a jewish library.

You truly have NO clue what so ever, the wool is pulled over your eyes. You beleive what they want you too.

Nope, I'm using lots of sources. The UN, Geneva Conventions, and people I know. You are summarily ignoring anything that doesn't agree with what you'd like to believe.

when an Jew gets on to a bus with a bomb strapped around his waist, and blows up 15 muslim children, and his family is rewarded by the israeli goverment, and he is priased by friends and neibours, and considered a hero, then, and only then will you be right.

What if he gets in a plane and blows up a lot more than 15 muslim children and is rewarded by the Israeli government. Oh wait, that happens all the time.

paul_valaru said:
yep got that, what is your point.

PLO look up what is was, before it was nicefied

Hamas

look up palestinian goups in israel, and then read their charters, usually has something in it like "the destruction of israel"

Not being able to agree with ANY palestinian organizations is censure and discimination.

spike said:
Not being able to agree with ANY palestinian organizations is censure and discimination.

let's see the liberation of palestine = the destruction of Israel.

If you want to be a Palestinian politition you run the Gaza, not in israel.

You have US freedoms mixed up with Israeli freedoms.

In the US you can be a life long Klan member, give out leaflets and still run for govenor.

In Canada you can be a lifelong Klan member, hand out leaflets, and be arrested for it.

In Israel you can be arabic, run for office and win. If you are a member of a hate group you get kicked off (but not arrested)

The Klan is white power, beleif that the US should be run and ruled by whites

Palestinian organizations beleif that all isreali terratories should be run and rules by Arabs.

paul_valaru said:
In Israel you can be arabic, run for office and win. If you are a member of a hate group you get kicked off (but not arrested)

Palestinian organizations beleif that all isreali terratories should be run and rules by Arabs.

Every Palestinian organization is a hate group? And every Israeli organization believes Palestine should be run and ruled by Israelis?

I betcha there's some Palestinian organiztions that are formed for other reasons. Olive Oil distributors? Youth outreach organiztions?

spike said:
Every Palestinian organization is a hate group? And every Israeli organization believes Palestine should be run and ruled by Israelis?

I betcha there's some Palestinian organiztions that are formed for other reasons. Olive Oil distributors? Youth outreach organiztions?

then they can petition the gov't the amend the laws. Also, I find no cooberation of you claim that they consider ALL palestinian groups to be terrorist., and I have looked.

paul_valaru said:
when an Jew gets on to a bus with a bomb strapped around his waist, and blows up 15 muslim children, and his family is rewarded by the israeli goverment, and he is priased by friends and neibours, and considered a hero, then, and only then will you be right. Until then, go enjoy the literature brought to you by the people who wite such wonderful books as the protocals of zion.

:grinyes:

spike, if you can't see th ediference between a terrorist strike & a military strike, you are deluded.

Gonz said:
spike, if you can't see th ediference between a terrorist strike & a military strike, you are deluded.

I see the difference. The "military strikes" usually kill a lot more civilians than the "terrorist strikes".

spike said:
I see the difference. The "military strikes" usually kill a lot more civilians than the "terrorist strikes".

My nomination for biggest pile of horseshit of 2006 goes to this post... unless it's another "joke."

My nomination for biggest pile of horseshit of 2006 goes to this post... unless it's another "joke."

Is posting insults without adding any substance to the conversation like a hobby of yours or something?

Back