Is it spring yet?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Where I grew up, it was spring when all the days were in the upper 70's to low 80's (late February).

Here, in the midwest this seems to better signal an end to the horrors of winter

Monday
Rain showers likely and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 50s. South winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of showers and thunderstorms 60 percent.
Monday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of light rain showers. Lows in the upper 30s.
Tuesday
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of light rain and light snow. Highs in the lower 40s.

Camelyn

I love spring because I can open my windows to sleep at night, and I don't neeed the A/C yet. On the flip side, the days get longer (I like the night) and all the dog poop people didn't bother to pick up melts out of the snow. Add to that the countless other unmentionables and stinky things that melt out of the snow in the city... :sick:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Leslie said:
I'll let y'all know when the geese get here...then it's really true.

As I went to Iowa on Moday, there was a flock heading north.

Ms Ann Thrope

April is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.
Winter kept us warm, covering
Earth in forgetful snow, feeding
A little life with dried tubers...

freako104

seems like it tho it still get very wintery. it looks like t is clearing up. even today feels nice

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I went out a little while ago, and I saw road, and I saw sidewalk, and I saw dirt...

and I HEARD GEESE!!!!! :dance:

*party*

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
24°C - 75ºF

UV Index: 10+ Extreme
Dew Point: 0°C
Humidity: 21%
Visibility: Unlimited
Pressure: 1,022.4 millibars and falling
Wind: From the South Southwest at 27 km/h

And it hasn't started yet :bolt:

Rose

Leslie said:
I'll let y'all know when the geese get here...then it's really true.

I'll tell you where the damn'd geese are - covering our golf course! We had to bring a dog in to 'patrol' the course and get rid of the geese for us. *loL*

:D Yay for spring being near!!!

HomeLAN

My wife hasn't been worth a crap all day. Woke up at 6 unable to breathe, and it went downhill from there. :(

chatty kathy

The nights are cold, the days get hot here,, I already planted flowers and they seem to be doing good. My carnations are blooming now too. I miss the snow.....( Please dont soundblast me for that one) LOL..but I am still waiting for a nice warm warm day to go to the beach!

Oz

*looks out of window at the snowstorm*

Nope, not spring yet (although I gotta great crop of snowdrops growing at the bottom of me garden)........

.......try again for spring in about 5 weeks :)

freako104

HomeLAN said:
My wife hasn't been worth a crap all day. Woke up at 6 unable to breathe, and it went downhill from there. :(

does she take anything for her allergies? i hope she will be ok soon. how are you holding up?