It will never get better...

Inkara1

I was specifically asking about the monetary fines, though... was that in the contract you had to sign to get him in? Detention, dropping and giving him 20, etc. is one thing... but this is the first I heard of a monetary fine at a school. I guess it could be assumed that a kid rich enough to go to that school would be able to afford the fine (do the admins take Visa/MC?) but still, it strikes me as a bit odd.

Winky

What don’t you understand?

I don't think you get it.
(not surprising) ya attended pubic schools right?
Why would such a thing seem out of the ordinary,
no wait that's right; the whole environment of discipline
IS out of the ordinary.

How about any infraction committed off campus
not during school hours being a possible expulsion offence?
(that’s in the handbook)

I'm tellin' ya there are still places where crap is not put up with.

The schools where kids get shot to pieces may be the norm
but that's not the only place a Kid can attend school.

Inkara1

The only thing that seemed weird to me was requiring payment of US dollars for such infractions. That's it. Nothing else strikes me as odd. Not even expulsion for offenses outside of school hours (after all, BYU's Honor Code prohibits drinking alcohol or having prematiral sex at any time, so this wouldn't be unprecedented).

Hey, what's the name of this school, anyway? Do they have a web site?

PrincessLissa

Winky said:
What are you getting at there Lissa?
I’m just not getting yer vibe in this one.

What I am getting at is this: The kid who went on the killing spree was not goth. He may have been an outcast but the media has no right to automatically assume that he was goth simply because he blew up his school.

I am also saying that kids that are non-goth or even non-outcasts create violence in a school. Even though I do not know personaly of any jocks using guns, I do know personaly of a jock at Columbine that did many terrible things and the media never called him on it. Yet a kid at the same school who is not so popular writes I hate <enter jock's name here> on a bathroom wall and the school is back in the newspaper for hate crimes at school.

As for "credence", I believe that I have more regarding the Columbine case than most people on this board. I went to that school, I knew the killers, I knew the victims and my step brother was acctually shot at. My friends were injured and my friends died. As for my "credence" in school shootings all together, I may not have much, but I do know what doesn't cause shootings. Speaking generaly, trench coats or those who wear them do not start school shootings, jocks do not cause school shootings, teachers do not cause school shootings, Maryln Manson does not start school shootings, Mortal Combat does not start school shootings. INDIVIDUALS start school shooting. These individuals may or may not be any of the previous, but it is an individual who causes a school shooting.

That is all I am trying to say.