It's snowing

We've got about 3" this afternoon, and it's not stopping yet. Probably about half over. Already called school here tomorrow.

Jerrek, that looks like a frost compared to what we got this time...But I'm sure you've seen worse than us up there...

GF, do yourself a favour. Don't even look at the single stage blowers. Go straight for the electric start 2 stage jobbies. Yes they're much more expensive, but it's an investment you'll come to treasure. I've seen people but as much effort into getting their blower started as it would have taken using a shovel. And the 2 stagers have much more control about where you place the snow. And those little plastic booths that attach to them, pure gold when it's blowing hard.

PuterTutor said:
We've got about 3" this afternoon, and it's not stopping yet. Probably about half over. Already called school here tomorrow.

Good luck. 12" and still falling here; Blizzard/whiteout conditions (45+ mph winds) and drifting. It was a real bitch getting to and from work.

* eats his words from this thread :(

I tried taking pics, but you couldn't see anything but dark blotches in a blue/white background. I'll try again in the morning. They cancelled nearly every single school in the city except Wichita State. I do not want to drive the 15-20 miles there tomorrow for class/work.

Listen to the Professr, he knows from whence he speaks. Single stage are for apartment balconies.

We had fun with both rain and snow this weekend. Not to mention major flooding as well. All the storm sewers are backed up with god knows what.

Got my pics...

The view out my friend Bobbi's back door:

snow3.jpg

The rest were taken on Wednesday, after one day of melting after the storm ended on Monday night.

Which side of the street do you think the smart people park on?:

snow4.jpg

The front of my house:

snow2.jpg

The side of my house:

snow1.jpg

Nice! What, no snowmen? :(

You obviously don't think so, but I could live with that.:)

My mothers cousin lives in Winnipeg and they're usually snowed in for about 5 months of the year or more from what I can gather.

No snowmen because the demographic of where I live is mostly older people and retirees. Not as many families as elsewhere on Long Island.

I just don't like dealing with that much snow at once. The streets were plowed weird so there are whole lanes that are still covered in snow so it makes driving slow and dangerous. It's been over a week of warmer temps (went up to 50 one day) and all the snow is still there. It's just annoying.

:D

Nice pics greenie. I also liked the one about where the smart people park. The City isn't much better but at least most of the snow drifts are manageable to walk over now.

greenfreak said:
No snowmen because the demographic of where I live is mostly older people and retirees. Not as many families as elsewhere on Long Island.

Tsk,tsk, that's no excuse... :D

Oh, you mean why wasn't there a snowman on *my* lawn? I wasn't there the whole week. That would have been Rusty's responsibility but since it was his first week at his new job, I don't think his mind was on snowmen. :)

Huge, I would worry more about pedestrians walking in the roads and getting hit because the sidewalks were blocked... That must be a real bitch to get around the city with that much snow around.

Back