Is my sister a cheapass?

• No, she really does mean well

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Yes, she's an idiot

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

kuulani

here's some background info ...

my sister calls to ask me if my husband would like the TenaciousD CD. I tell her he might 'cause he likes Jack Black.

she calls me back to say that since she wanted the CD too she downloaded the CD from iTunes and is planning to burn a copy for my husband as his Christmas gift.

wtf?

i tell her that that's the stupidest thing ever. she should've bought him the real CD and then ask him if she could burn a copy for herself.

i told her that didn't count as a real gift but my mom says its the "thought". yeah, cheapass thought.

so what does everyone here think?

Well....it could be a nice secondary gift, you know? Like to go on the outside of the package under the bow like an ornament or some candy or a small framed photo......but I agree that it shouldn't be the main gift albeit a nice thought.

Well, no one is obligued to give something anyway. Under that premise, if she's giving a burned cd she did more than she actually had to.

Well, no one is obligued to give something anyway. Under that premise, if she's giving a burned cd she did more than she actually had to.

ummm... did you just *meet* us? You in The Family are 100% obliged to give a gift .. and a damned good one at that LOL

It's hilarious how she didn't even go out of her way to download something he specially likes himself. It was something she downloaded anyway, and if he liked it, she'd make a copy.

Yeah, cheapass bitch.

I don't mind "homemade" presents myself, but usually they somehow reflect that there was indeed thought put into it. :blank:

This is your kids sister, no? I would have to reserve judgement until I knew what her cashflow was. If she is a frigteningly broke high school/college student... then I would let it slide.

Back