Just how religious are you?

How religious are you?

• My God's my best friend, all (s)he says Goes!

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I attend/pray/etc... when I feel like it

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I attend/pray/etc...when I HAVE to

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Religion is the opiate of the masses...leave me out of it!

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters

MrBishop

Religious belief is scalable, from Athiest to Zealot, from CE Christianism (CE= Christmas and Easter only) to Daily visits, etc...

Which religion(s) do you follow and how strictly?

I'm an Anglican, occasional church-goer, work for the church, non-bible-thumping, spiritual motherfucker :)

response 1---response 2---response 3 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------response 4

;)

Somewhere between 3 and 4

not very i am wiccan i believe ill pray to the elements from time to time but im not very religious.

Raised Lutheran, Converted to Catholic, now I don't really believe at all. The Catholic church is one fucked up place.

I consider myself a non-denominational christian.
Ashamed to say that i don't live enough for god but mearly sometimes. Ashamed to have had to answer this thread honestly. The spirit is willing but the body is weak.

Anglican, mostly because it comes closest to my personal belief. I don't think any organized religion has it right yet. Don't go to church much since the incents set off my alergies. But I have had the minister over for supper. He likes my lasagna.

I don't get it. How do Anglicans differ from any other denomination? Are they not mearly another christian denomination?

PuterTutor said:
Raised Lutheran, Converted to Catholic, now I don't really believe at all. The Catholic church is one fucked up place.

That's funny, I know many people who went from Catholicism to Lutheran because they were sick of the strictness of their church. One thing I hear from all of them is that their Lutheran chuch is more laid back and they feel more comfortable there. What made you do the switch? Did you have your kids baptised Catholic?

Anglican - hmmm It's like Catholicism, BUT...Priests can marry, there are female priests, the Virgin Mary's not revered in the same way, birth-control is more accepted, homosexuality is overlooked...

it's more modern. :)

4 of the kids are Catholic, 2 are quickly becoming Baptist, (Exwife) I converted becuase of my current wife, but I kind of wish I hadn't now. I think I could have handled staying Lutheran and going to church, but the Catholic Hypocrisy is astounding.

like freako, i too am a pagan-y wiccan peep.
i fall in and out of it.
there are times, when i cast circles every day, leave offerings every day, pray every day, write in my Book of Shadows every day, etc...

then there are times, like a lot of time lately... where i let things roll out of control, and dont pray, and...

sometimes i realise that my faith is directly connected to how my life is going, in general.
when i'm really into my faith, i feel stronger, and more able to take on the world in a positive way....

this thread is inspiring me. i think i may go cast a little circle and write a bit in my book.
maybe i'll even draw... drawing and painting is how i raise energy, sometimes.

brightest blessings :)

Back