Just how religious are you?

How religious are you?

• My God's my best friend, all (s)he says Goes!

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I attend/pray/etc... when I feel like it

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I attend/pray/etc...when I HAVE to

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Religion is the opiate of the masses...leave me out of it!

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
let me note, however, that a very close friend wishes me to become christian.
i do not reject christianity, i embrace it and many of its followers... many of my friends, and my boyfriend, are christian, and i go to the friday night outreach youthgroups. the powerfulness of the skits there, have driven me to tears.
i deeply admire my friends' strength in their faith.

but i just can't seem to do it.
so, even when i'm very weak in my wiccan-ness, i'm still strong enough to hold onto it.

Confirmed Catholic but I don't really know where I stand now. I'm spiritual but I have little love for the Catholic church and I don't really know what I believe. I feel like a wandering soul sometimes. I know something is out there that 'fits' what I believe but I'm not sure what that is and I don't have the time I need to study it.

PT said:
but the Catholic Hypocrisy is astounding

This is probably my biggest gripe against the Catholic church. Everyone (with a few exceptions) says one thing and does the other. "Do as I say not as I do" doesn't give me much loyalty to any organization.

PuterTutor said:
The Catholic church is one fucked up place.
Amen, brother.

I'm a "strong" atheist myself.
HeXp£Øi± said:
I don't get it. How do Anglicans differ from any other denomination? Are they not mearly another christian denomination?
Most of the Baptists down here don't consider anyone else to be truly christian. I'm a bit more understanding, if you believe Christ was the savior (messiah, whatever) that makes you christian in my book. Here's one that confuses me: Jews for Jesus. :confuse2:

Lutheran by birth, spiritist by choice. I go to the centre once a weak, do the gospel readings once a weak. Pray almost daily. But as the world's most complaining creature, God must really hate me :banghead:

I am so utterly devoid of religion that I manage to vampire it out of the psyche of everyone that lingers too long within a 30 yard circle of me.

non-practicing atheist

MrBishop said:
it's more modern.

Yep, that's what the world needs, more modern biblical beliefs.

That's exactly why I respect the Catholics & the Jews. They know that Gods word doesn't need updating :D

Aunty Em said:
... Strange... I've been called a psychic vampire in the past... :evilcool:

Better hope Terahertz doesn't see that line, Aunty. It's stolen from Dr. Who, and is a clear violation of copyrights... :D

None of the above.

Me and the Man Above have an understanding. I say hi every so often, and he looks after the big stuff for me.

I'm not into the organised religion thing, which admittedly is partly down to laziness, but I figure that my own brand of belief (TM) is a bit more valid than the habit of some people I've run into at home who only go to Mass, etc, just to be seen and out of a vague misplaced guilt.

Aunty Em said:
I learned to control it a long time ago. It makes life much less of a rollercoaster is you can switch it off.
I've learned the same thing, but unfortunately forget it from time to time. :blush:

Aunty Em said:
I learned to control it a long time ago. It makes life much less of a rollercoaster is you can switch it off.

i dont trust psychic vampires ;) in general. :D but your cool in my book.

ash r said:
ke freako, i too am a pagan-y wiccan peep.
i fall in and out of it.
there are times, when i cast circles every day, leave offerings every day, pray every day, write in my Book of Shadows every day, etc...

then there are times, like a lot of time lately... where i let things roll out of control, and dont pray, and...

sometimes i realise that my faith is directly connected to how my life is going, in general.
when i'm really into my faith, i feel stronger, and more able to take on the world in a positive way....

this thread is inspiring me. i think i may go cast a little circle and write a bit in my book.
maybe i'll even draw... drawing and painting is how i raise energy, sometimes.

brightest blessings

im somewhat like that but ill pray. i prayed to the elements to show me the truth the day i went to church no matter what it was. church didnt do much for me but it was nice to be there.

HeXp£Øi± said:
Does anyone here sacrifice anything for their god?

no i dont believe in that kind of thing it makes me sick actually.

Back