'K, folks, let's set a date for 2006

Which date for the 2006 BBQ in Atlanta?

• June 24-25

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • July 1-2

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I wouldn't show up at your place if you begged me.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HomeLAN

I think it's between the weekend of June 24-25 and the weekend leading into the fourth (July 1-2). The 4th is a Tuesday, and a lot of folks will stretch that into a four day weekend. Obviously, that has both advantages and disadvantages.

The kidlet will be out of town on the June weekend, and the wife and boy may or may not be here on the July weekend.

Even though you guys have been dropping out like flies, if you think you;re going to make it, vote on a date. Post who you are as well, so we know who might be showing up.

Professur

June 1-2 works well for me as it sets up a good 4th as well, but that's gonna cram up the tourist traps. Aquarium and water parks and pretty much gonna be off my list. I don't deal with crowds well. The urge to thin the herd spikes sharply.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I voted July 1-2, although either date is equally unsure from our end.

I ain't much on tourist traps anyway, unless Stone Mountain is an option. If no one else is interested, I'll still likely hit that. Man's gotta pay his respects every chance he gets.

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
I voted July 1-2, although either date is equally unsure from our end.

I ain't much on tourist traps anyway, unless Stone Mountain is an option. If no one else is interested, I'll still likely hit that. Man's gotta pay his respects every chance he gets.

Given the chance, I'll be sleeping there. Come for supper.

tonksy

Absolutely! I am all for Stone Mountain too. I enjoyed it and want to get a replacement blown glass beer stein...not to mention that I didn't see the laser show and have been wanting to take the girls.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
June 1-2 works well for me as it sets up a good 4th as well, but that's gonna cram up the tourist traps. Aquarium and water parks and pretty much gonna be off my list. I don't deal with crowds well. The urge to thin the herd spikes sharply.

I thought you said yesterday you weren't going?? You're like a yo-yo dude!

Oh, and Homie you need an option for us folks who wanna be there but can't be.

Inkara1

Either weekend could work for me, since it's not the weekend of July 8. It looks like it's going int he July 1-2 direction so far, though.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Professur said:
How good is the hurricane look-ahead? About how much warning of foul weather are we gonna have?

Face it/ We've polluted our planet & have so overcrowded it that God & his minions (does God have minions?) have decide to flood the world, slowly. First it was Indonesia, then Brazil then New Orleans. This year... hehehehe

catocom

either time is good for me, that I know of.
I might have to checkout the Stoney MT.
I over did it last year, and blew myself out early, I'm gonna pace myself
better, and spend more time this year.:grinyes:

Man, I need a better camera, but I think I'm gonna have to deal with the same old 2.1mp. I did get a tripod though, it just takes too long between shots
for it to get ready, and is so particular about holding it still. :(