'K, folks, let's set a date for 2006

Which date for the 2006 BBQ in Atlanta?

• June 24-25

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • July 1-2

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I wouldn't show up at your place if you begged me.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tonksy

Is this poll closed now?
I want to put on my cruise director outfit and find out how long people are going to be here and what they want out of the trip.
BBQ's at Homies and our houses?
Stone Mountain trip?
Tattoos...the good places make you make appointments.
I'll start a seperate thread but I need to start planning.

tonksy

And Cat's! Oi! How will we do it all? I'd love to say scrap the Stone Mountain and hang out at everyones house and stuff but I live here, you know? I can go to Stone Mountain any time. I know SnP ans Allears wanna go to Stone Mountain....the stress is really too much.

simplyred

I really have no preferences and am willing to do whatever everyone else wants to do. As long as it's KID and budget friendly... I live close enough to Atlanta that I can go back and do whatever, so I am not going to be picky...I just want to meet everyone and have a good time.

Professur

If at all possible, I'll be at Stone Mountain ..... so giving that a miss as a group doesn't bother me ..... but at the same time, if we do it, lunch is at my place. Unless people would rather the Giant Frying pan.

tonksy

The weekend of the 4th is going to be nutso at Stone Mountain. Prof? Have you reservations yet?

HomeLAN

Yeah, the crowds at both Stone Mountain and Helen are likely to be nuts. That seriously dampens my enthusiasm.

HomeLAN

If we want to go touring, probably. Personally, I'm with Tonks - would rather just hang like last year. However, I'll go with whatever my guests wish (within limits).

catocom

catocom said:
Don't forget about possibly...
Fishing at my house, and, or a trip to Helen back.:D
Both of those can be dropped. Just depends on what the majority wants.
I just thought I'd through in a few more options.
I'm with Tonksy, and HL myself. Just the visiting is going to be my huckleberry.:D

Professur

It also largely depends on how long people are gonna be there for. I'm not hauling my ass that distance for a lousy couple of hamburgers and some beer, y'know. I'm looking to slap as many Xs on a calendar as I can. Having some difficulty convincing my bosses that they can live without me for more than 2 weeks, but they're claiming policy.

catocom

I AM going to make a trip to Helen sometime this summer.
If anybody wants to do it during the visit, I'm in.

Hell, I might even be coached into the tube thing. ;)