'K, folks, let's set a date for 2006

Which date for the 2006 BBQ in Atlanta?

• June 24-25

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • July 1-2

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I wouldn't show up at your place if you begged me.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unclehobart

The most painful part of the walk up the mountain was watching the dance jamboree from the train.

As sheer physics will tell you: walking up the mountain will burn up 2000 calories and make you sweat and huff. The walk down is more of a wheeeee sprint done in 1/4 the time. I don't want to take the tram down. I'm not bad with heights... but that ride gave me the willies at the transition point up top. I'd want to walk it. Half the fun is reading the 150 year old grafitti.

tonksy

BeardofPants said:
Tonks? If you're bad at heights, how did you do on those gigantical naval wotsits?
I worked on the main deck. When I had to go on the flight deck I never went near the side.
I had the hardest time with certain ladder and scuttle combinations. A storeroom that I was in charge of was through a scuttle straight down 2 decks. I remember being near tears the first time I had to go down there. I got better at it but I never liked it.

Inkara1

Count me in for the walk too if it's on a day I'm there. I'd probably just want to make sure Ihave a bottle of water with me and I'd be fine.

Professur

Inkara1 said:
Count me in for the walk too if it's on a day I'm there. I'd probably just want to make sure Ihave a bottle of water with me and I'd be fine.

It was $3 for a bottle of water last year. Your call.

Professur

More storms to hit metro area today

By MIKE MORRIS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 04/21/06

After two days of heavy storms that pounded metro Atlanta, get ready for round three later today.

The National Weather Service said severe thunderstorms were expected over North and Middle Georgia this afternoon and evening ahead of a cold front.

While the primary hazards will be large hail and damaging winds, forecasters warned that isolated tornadoes are possible.

The area mostly likely at risk for severe weather is along and northwest of a line from Columbus to Athens, including all of metro Atlanta, the Weather Service said.

Thunderstorms were popping up across the northwest corner of the state before daybreak.

Severe storms Thursday night dumped hail about 1 inch in diameter in Coweta and Fayette counties. The Weather Service said three trees were blown down across Ga. 54 near Moreland in Coweta.

Lightning was believed responsible for house fires Thursday night in Fayette and Gwinnett counties. No injuries were reported.

An AirTran flight departing Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport for Washington during Thursday night's storms was forced to return to Hartsfield after being struck by lightning. The plane landed without incident.

The forecast for metro Atlanta calls for the storms to taper off Saturday morning as the cold front passes through, with only a slight chance of showers Saturday afternoon.

Skies will be mostly clear Saturday night and partly cloudy on Sunday, the Weather Service said.

Temperatures behind the front will be considerably cooler, climbing only into the upper 60s on Saturday afternoon before dipping into the upper 40s Saturday night. Sunday's highs should be in the low 80s.

Source

Yeah, you guys go and get that shit outta your system nice and early. Keep the good weather for july.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Passenger TypeAdult
Flight 1 - Departing airfare (Tango Plus) 223.99
Flight 2 - Returning airfare (Tango Plus) 223.99
Navcan and Surcharges 15.01

Taxes, Fees and Charges
Canada Airport Improvement Fee 15.00
U.S.A Transportation Tax 33.40
Canada Security Charge 7.94
Canada Goods and Services Tax (GST/HST #10009-2287) 34.02
U.S Passenger Facility Charge 5.18
September 11 Security Fee 2.88
U.S.A Immigration User Fee 8.06
Number Of Passengers 2
Total 1138.94
Grand Total - Canadian Dollars $ 1138.94

:eek:

Professur

That's actually pretty good. But try again, figuring flying from the closest Us city, and trainfare to it.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Cheaptickets.com has $514USD per person from Pearson, or as an added bonus, $653 with Days Inn included.

From Buffalo, it's $293USD per person, and then $148CND for two trains round trip, then $100CND for the bus to Toronto round trip.

HomeLAN

You shouldn't need a car, at least. I'm willing to play airport chauffer like last year. It seemed to work well until Sam missed his return flight, but that might've been avoided had we not all been hung over. :lloyd: